Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

vermontitguy t1_j7sv0rv wrote

You seem quite self-sufficient. And, frankly, quite self-absorbed. While you may be very adept at learning skills on your own, it seems you're oblivious to the fact that everyone learns differently. Northeastern seems to have a robust library system, and it doesn't appear to be closing. In fact, their calendar of events includes workshops on using library resources. Imagine that. A library teaching people how to do research. People are not going to pay tuition for websites written by work-studies and AI. You started this thread saying it would be an unpopular take. I think, intuitively, you knew why that would be the case.

EDITED for typo

memorytheatre t1_j7t8b73 wrote

−7

flambeaway t1_j7tmjbh wrote

While I agree with the science on learning styles, it's pretty clear from context that (while they may not have used the best phrasing) the previous commenter is getting at the fact that different people, even of the same generation, have different knowledge bases and skills.

Trends aside, even Gen-Zers didn't pop out of the womb being great at scholarly internet research. Even though OP is a self-proclaimed master of it, many of their coursemates may not be depending on their experiences.

Twombls t1_j7ubtj4 wrote

Using the google and doing scholarly research withing an internal system are also like completely different skillsets. Something tells me that since op doesn't understand the importance of a librarian in even an online database. That he isn't really that good at doing scholarly research. In another comment he claims his school uses "AI" instead of librarians