Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Necessary_Cat_4801 t1_jd908sz wrote

That's it. Even this sub is all posts about pretty snow or dogs playing in snow or "vermonting", whatever that is.

The reality is lots of people, even those making good money, are on the edge of homelessness because they're living in a dumpy VT rental that could fail inspection at any time.

The quality of life here for people who aren't making at least six figures is really, really low.

The_Barbelo t1_jd9crcu wrote

Yes. Thank you. I’m glad there are a few here who understand.

I’ll put it into perspective for other people…I make as much as an X-ray technician. In most other states I’d be living pretty comfortably. Here… I’m living low class. I can save about $200-$400 a month, unless we have an emergency, like my dog contracting lime or car repairs…Then there goes a bunch of it. To move out we need to pay an awful lot. First, last, and security of the new place on top of a moving rental, enough to pay a few months of rent while we find jobs, enough for a few months worth of food for 2 grown adults, two cats, a dog. I have multiple health issues, including type 1 diabetes. I need a few months worth of meds and an emergency supply.

I can not stand when people aren’t willing to see things from the perspectives of those who are struggling, forgotten, and downtrodden. My mother acts like this, she’s getting everything payed for by my stepdad who makes a good amount…and she’s in Lala land about the world. I’m pretty fucked up because of her… And this thread proves to me exactly what Ive noticed about certain Vermonters offline.

Paid-Not-Payed-Bot t1_jd9csey wrote

> getting everything paid for by

FTFY.

Although payed exists (the reason why autocorrection didn't help you), it is only correct in:

• Nautical context, when it means to paint a surface, or to cover with something like tar or resin in order to make it waterproof or corrosion-resistant. The deck is yet to be payed.

• Payed out when letting strings, cables or ropes out, by slacking them. The rope is payed out! You can pull now.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find nautical or rope-related words in your comment.

Beep, boop, I'm a bot