Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

redspiffy t1_je1qnh1 wrote

Do more sales for their location translate to better union benefits or a better relationship with the company? I don’t think OP understands how contract bargaining or labor organizing work

sad0panda t1_je2020k wrote

It translates into the company seeing that customers prefer to shop at unionized locations. Starbucks is as anti-union as a company can be. There is a chance that driving more sales to unionized locations could change that. Or not, Howard Schultz seems like a pretty big dick no matter what.

redspiffy t1_je23nvy wrote

Imagine, after decades of neoliberal policy giving free corporate reign thinking you could get Narasimhan, or any CEO for that matter, to invest in or prioritize locations with union labor. The company will forever be at odds with the union, even after the union leadership bureaucratizes and capitulates to the state, as many other unions have done. You cannot boycott them into platforming union labor and even if you could, why would you want to align the company and the union? Where are the beans that make all this coffee coming from exactly? Should the unions solidarity not be with the international workers? I’m sorry, but you don’t understand contract bargaining or labor organizing.

−3

sad0panda t1_je24kft wrote

Yeah, see my last sentence.

Chill out dude.

redspiffy t1_je25kgc wrote

So why did you even post this? If you acknowledge that the first part is not only incorrect but damaging the labor movement with misinformation and proceed to disregard it in the last sentence, what was the point?

−2