Submitted by Sunnryz t3_xsif26 in vermont

Hello all! Husband and I are traveling to Vermont next weekend for our 25th anniversary. We’re staying in Jeffersonville for 4 full days. We want to do at least 3 hikes and for sure we’re doing Mt. Mansfield, but can’t decide on the others. What are your favorites in the area?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mountainwocky t1_iqkssp2 wrote

Camels Hump and Jay Peak are excellent close choices.

ElDub73 t1_iqktfqp wrote

We really like Stowe pinnacle and sterling pond.

buildandgrow t1_iqm7c4f wrote

I live in Jeff. Sterling pond is great but I’d save that for midweek - the whole notch area will be crowded next weekend if the weather is good. Someone said Elmore, that’s a good one, I might also suggest Belvidere. You might have a little more peace at either of those.

patsboston t1_iqmfjyz wrote

Mount Hunger is right there and great views!

Fatticus_matticus t1_iqksuwq wrote

Sterling pond from the notch is a good one, can extend it a little by hiking over to the top of smuggs and then over to the top of stowe to grab some views before heading back down.
If you haven’t done Mansfield before, be sure to read up on the different trails. Some can be quite challenging (hells brook trail).
I like Camels hump too, would be a bit of a drive from Jeffersonville though. Burrows or Monroe are both good hikes.
There are many others in the area depending on what you’re looking for (view, distance, challenge, foliage ). Have fun!

HayMomWatchThis t1_iql00ii wrote

While you are in the area sterling pond is worth a visit.

lipsticktracer t1_iql2plx wrote

Elmore Mtn. and Belvidere Mtn. for fire tower views. Peek-a-view trail in Sterling Forest for cool views with a swing at the top. Stowe Pinnacle for nice views. Hunger Mtn via Waterbury Trail for the same. Camel's Hump by Burrows Trail. If you get sick of climbing up mountains, try the Devil's Gulch trail near Eden.

While you're there, rent a bike and ride the rail trail - it's a great ride.

BettyLouWho318 t1_iqlxwrj wrote

It’s a shame you didn’t come when it’s warmer, I know the perfect places for you to swim in Jeff, but when you go to jeffersonville you’ll see a covered bridge by an old mill, that’s got a really cool trail close by that leads to a waterfall. Also you can hike sterling up in the notch.

Jerry_Williams69 t1_iqo2b36 wrote

Little River State Park. You can hike through a ghost town. No high boats views, but you won't be disappointed. Especially in the fall.

HayMomWatchThis t1_iql019e wrote

HayMomWatchThis t1_iql02af wrote