Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

airlokita t1_iu4mnpd wrote

I'm pissed too - we're not spending nearly enough. 40 billion is a rounding error.

nlpnt t1_iu6dius wrote

Personally I think it's the best bargain America's gotten in a long time.

$40 billion and no American blood (apart from one or two Americans who volunteered for the Ukrainian foreign legion) has bought us;

• A re-energized NATO

• Russia outed as a paper power

• China forced to think twice about its' plans to invade Taiwan

• The most forceful argument possible against the myths that had come back around about the so-called degenerate West ("They/them army" > was/were army).

cpujockey t1_iu4n8xc wrote

> we're not spending nearly enough.

look, we can't be the only one making REAL contributions to the war effort. We could have ended this shit a long time ago, instead we've been acting like cucks and watching ukraine get fucked from the sidelines.

I am sorry, but sending enough money to a country that could make a meaningful impact on the housing crisis just doesn't resonate with me.

What resonates me is the USA waving our mighty erect cock at putin and giving him the deepest dicking he's ever experienced.

−1

airlokita t1_iu4obut wrote

100% agree re cucks -- totally in favor of direct action. Send them back to the stone age and keep them there.

But since direct NATO action isn't going to happen, then the taps need to be wide open.

We have a massive GDP. We can do both. Unfortunately I don't see my copious amounts of tax dollars going anywhere more useful soon.

−3

cpujockey t1_iu4pc8x wrote

> Send them back to the stone age and keep them there.

no, this is not the fault of the russian people, but the actions of a piss baby in power. the russian people should not be held to account for the sins of their leader.

>Unfortunately I don't see my copious amounts of tax dollars going anywhere more useful soon.

Yes, but that doesn't just make it ok to dump tons of fucking cash when our own people are hurting. The US military has an operational budget that is already rubber stamped and allocated - make it their problem.