Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_irmpam5 wrote

I think we should contact our local chambers of commerce. They need to do more to prevent these people coming in from out of state

−13

-KLAU5 t1_irmusrc wrote

why not go south and just turn around in the roundabout? it seemed to me that people were not blocking the left hand turn. safer then turning around on the interstate, and legal.

artful_todger_502 t1_irmxep9 wrote

This thread should be pinned at the top of the r/ movingtovermont forum. Perfect example of the real Vermont. The only other areas that require a purity test to enter are Johnson City TN or those other few areas where they film Deliverance and Wrong Turn type movies. Because once you get there, pay taxes, support the local economy, this friendliness never goes away. You will hear "flatlander" regularly and have local people ignore you at community events. I still love Vermont, but there is enough gatekeeper presence to make that hard to do sometimes.

BTVwifey t1_irnoyg1 wrote

I thought you were showing the ufo in the sky!

But it's really your Toyota emblem 🤣

PoopStainMcBaine t1_iro6b1n wrote

Vermonters hate anything not from Vermont. This is why they have a limited taxable base, have little new housing and very limited potential for individual financial success. But fuck the leaf peepers and flatlanders, amirite?

Twombls t1_irogvso wrote

Whats funny is the foliage is trash in vt rn. Very brown. Eastern high peaks are peaking rn.

-KLAU5 t1_irpi10e wrote

yeah, turn left, like you’re headed into waterbury. then go around the roundabout. all the traffic was turning right towards stowe.

PoopStainMcBaine t1_is9nacc wrote

The truth hurts sometimes. Vermont is a beautiful state with potential for successful and calculated progress, it's the collective mindset of it's residents that's holding it back. Until then, enjoy 1880s homes with drafty windows and the potential for a chimney fire every winter while bitching about "flatlanders" that infuse money into your seasonal economy.