Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ThalassaLuna OP t1_ivrnt2v wrote

Thank you! Everyone I've met so far has been so incredibly nice and helpful. I can't wait to see more of this beautiful state! ā¤ļø

bond___vagabond t1_ivt70cw wrote

We moved here a few years ago for my wife's asthma (cleanest air in the USA) never would have guessed I'd end up here, but it fits us really well. I grew up in Oregon, so mud wasn't a shock, and the snow and sun in the winter is easier to do than warmer, but rainy and grey. Wife has more cold tolerance than I do, if we didn't work from home, and had to move snow before work, that would be rough, but we don't. Treat yourself (and others, for their safety, hah) to some winter tires. Figure out an outside winter activity you like, doesn't have to be downhill skiing. Have a way to heat your space too hot, it will help you get outside more if you know you can warm up real good after. I just need to build myself a heated shop, for wrenching in the winter and I'll be as happy as a pig in slop, hah.

sugarplummed t1_ivum07q wrote

We are prepping to move to Vt for health reasons also. We spent 10 days touring VT this past May. Absolutely gorgeous everywhere we went and the leaves weren't quite on the trees yet, still just gorgeous. I'm now obsessed with covered bridges. We visited about 20 or so while there. They're like pokemon for me now, gotta catch em all. Apparently there's about 100 in the state so #goals, hah

varadins t1_ivrq5sv wrote

Moved here in September and everyone has been fantastic!

paperm3rmaid t1_ivvkx1c wrote

Welcome! Iā€™m in Washington county as well. Central Vermont is beautiful!

Generic_Commenter-X t1_ivt4eo4 wrote

It's a dangerous thing to do. No matter where I drive in Vermont, I wish I lived there. I don't have a view of the mountains, but I have a brook that runs immediately behind my house with a bridge to my barn. I'm jealous of neighbors with a view, my neighbors with a view are jealous of my bridge and brook.