Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

firearrow5235 t1_iwth2b6 wrote

Double checked that for you.

TLDR: He would veto it if it costs too much and would involve raising taxes on the middle class. The presumption is that is there was another, solid way to pay for it, he would sign.

you_give_me_coupon t1_iwv0hfl wrote

Jesus Christ. Biden's dissembling was obvious. We've known for years - decades? - that M4A would be cheaper and better for individuals and the country. My family would have saved ~$2500 a year just in premiums under Bernie's M4A plan, even after the tax "increases" to pay for it. (Paying $4 to save $5 is obviously a good deal.) Even the most extreme right-wing opponents of universal health care at Koch-funded thinktanks have said for years that M4A would save at least $300 billion a year.

Biden, or at least his handlers, knows all that. So for him to give that mush-mouthed answer, implying that M4A would be more expensive, when precisely the opposite is true, should be appalling. And if you think his answer meant anything other than "I will block M4A to protect a parasitic insurance industry that's among my biggest donors", I've got a bridge to sell you.

PS: What's the approved "fact checking" apologia for Biden continuing Trump's effort to privatize Medicare?

−2