Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Rare_Message_7204 t1_iwwgwyt wrote

The delusion is asking if the owner left their keys in the vehicle like that matters. No talk about why people are jacking cars in the "safest state in the country"... I think your confusing my delusion with your inability to take your blinders off and see a different view.

−5

DaddyBobMN t1_iwwqfkr wrote

The safest state in a not very safe country isn't saying that much. Relative to much of the modern world even Vermont is a pretty risky place to live.

Rare_Message_7204 t1_iwwrsr7 wrote

Your joking right? Outside of a few areas like Burlington, Rutland,Brattleboro, VT is overall an extremely safe place. My issue is that we seem to be far more fixated on the problem and not why the problems are far worse than ever before. If that gets me downvotes, I think we're all screwed.

Quiet_Satisfaction64 t1_iwx1clb wrote

I guess that depends on what you’ve experienced right? Yes, it can be safe in VT but that doesnt mean this stuff hasn’t been happening since, well, ever. 15 years ago, living in a decently populated, “safe” area and we had a string of car “break-ins” (only unlocked cars had stuff stolen) and someone was shooting our pet cats. Bad shit happens every where. Its everyones responsibility to take steps to prevent it if possible.

Yes, we are all aware that our country is suffering, that is part of the rise in crime. We are seeing gentrification happen right in front of our eyes with this surge of new people after covid hit. Then you add on our country’s consistent back pedaling on proactive/beneficial legislation.

I think you’re being down voted because youre being offended by people asking questions about the situation. Get off your moral high horse.

Edit: Spelling correction

Rare_Message_7204 t1_iwx86hv wrote

You can share your opinions on why you think these issues are happening (I appreciate it) but don't make assumptions about me. I'm not riding a moral high horse nor am I offended, that's your assumption.

The number of posts about stolen property is becoming alarming to me. The laughable theme in the comments seems to be curiosity about the circumstances of how something was stolen. My point is that it doesn't really matter. We'd be better served to have meaningful discussions about common sense solutions to fix the root causes of why things are being stolen.

DaddyBobMN t1_iwx2tbs wrote

No joke. Think outside the American. The level of crime we consider low here would be considered high in places like Western Europe. Compared to places like Japan or Korea our little Vermont is a veritable wild wild west.

Rare_Message_7204 t1_iwx7doo wrote

I see what your trying to say but calling VT a literal wild west is just comical. A few of our cities have major issues. If we could just focus on why instead of how the OP left his car we could make some progress. Instead just downvote common sense.

DaddyBobMN t1_iwxqo3t wrote

How so? The level and types of crimes that are common here are unheard of in places like that. They see even our low-for-America levels of crime as lawlessness.