Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

charliedontplaydat t1_iwvzb4v wrote

OP, I highly recommend getting all of your interactions with this manager in WRITING. Text, email, Slack, w/e you gotta do. Document, document, document. You may very well end up with a solid case for lost wages in the near future.

Eta: check out r/workreform and search for similar posts. Best luck OP.

DiligentDocker OP t1_iwvzgig wrote

Unfortunately this was all over a phone call.

charliedontplaydat t1_iww0pww wrote

Email him explain him that you didn’t fully understand what he was saying on the call and ask for him to follow up more clearly for you. Trust me, people like this should be held accountable. You’re not the first and you won’t be the last unless it’s addressed.

Pctechguy2003 t1_iww928e wrote

THIS!!!

The manager chose to use a phone call because its plausible deniability. Get this in writing! What ever you must do to get it in writing!

Jerry_Williams69 t1_iwxk9m4 wrote

Only communicate via email going forward. If you are told something obnoxious verbally, send and email to "verify". Manager will know what you are doing and might back down in some cases too. Sadly it's a game now.

advamputee t1_iwzj2tl wrote

Ah yes, the corporate follow-up email.

“Hey, I just wanted to follow up on our conversation on [date/time]. These were the key points we discussed: [list points].”

Feel free to add on things like “I just wanted clarification on your response to ___. I understand the resulting reduction in hours will put me below the minimum allowable for full time employment, which would result in a loss of full time status / benefits. Is this an accurate understanding?”

You’ll have a written record of what was said, with whom, and when.