Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

skivtjerry t1_j0rnpe8 wrote

Reply to comment by somedudevt in Snow tires by Sorry-Ad-7884

Best quote I've heard regarding this: "Yes, they're all season if you live in Venezuela".

somedudevt t1_j0ru411 wrote

I grew up on the top of a mountain in Vermont lived at 2300 feet my daily drive was 9 miles of dirt roads I never had any trouble with all season tires. I was on 89 in Milton last year when the 40 car pileup happened I had driven 70 miles at that point with a trailer behind me I watched a car go off the road ahead of me trying to avoid the vehicle stopped for the accident and I stop fine with all seasons. Not only that but they’re 10 ply all seasons so they are very hard rubber compound. Snow travel and ice travel has a lot more to do with understanding how your vehicle reacts and not making situations worse than it does your tires. no matter how good your tires are eventually you’ll find yourself sliding or spinning tires and that point it becomes the driver.

If your not comfortable driving in snow, go play in an empty parking lot. Learn what the car does when you push the limits. I also ALWAYS when it’s snowing or raining and cold check road slickness in a controlled manner where if I slide or skid it won’t result in going off the road. (Normally this is right as I leave my driveway just giving it a good heavy braking before accelerating to see if abs kicks in.