Submitted by paxweasley t3_zpwevb in vermont

Hi friends,

Home for the holidays from Chicago and looking to get a bunch of espresso/dark roast Vermont roasted beans to compare to the ones in Chicago! Does anyone have a preference or brand suggestion? I’m in central VT but the selection is probably close to the same across the state. When I lived here full time I was a pre ground dunks in a French press or green mountain beans kinda girl 🙈

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

HappyNewBeer t1_j0v0ajs wrote

http://www.depalocoffee.com/

They are just outside of Rutland and are a great low key place that buys and roasts their own coffee. The selection changes all the time.

paxweasley OP t1_j0v0i38 wrote

Omg thank you that’s Perfect

HappyNewBeer t1_j0v13v8 wrote

He usually makes tacos or empanadas completely from scratch on Saturday afternoons. It would be worth timing the trip around that if you can!

Foundation2934 t1_j0xegdt wrote

After living Chicago coffee for 3 years and now being here in Vermont I usually tend to go with Brio, Brave, or Carrier. I sit more on the medium / lighter roasts though as that was what I was usually slinging in Lakeview and River North. I have yet to find anything comparable to a Dark Matter dark roast, but I haven’t actively been looking.

huskers2468 t1_j0yu7n4 wrote

Artisan is my favorite coffee, but I don't buy espresso.

beebeerahbooboo t1_j0wsty8 wrote

Rockingham Roasters in Bellows Falls Mocha Joe's in Brattleboro

Gdmf13 t1_j0x1csf wrote

Bohemian, right in Montpelier has excellent beans.

snickers7777 t1_j0x2nmn wrote

Vivid & Brio. Also, the Roastery just opened in Stowe and my 1st time there was great.

Aesopscorp t1_j0ys7zy wrote

Mocha Joes, Rocking ham Roasters and flying crow coffee.