Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

merikus t1_j191jqc wrote

Be aware that it’s a well known problem in our state that people find jobs, accept the offer, can’t find housing, and then have to decline the job offer.

It’s a massive chicken and the egg problem. Housing has to be done in tandem with a job search.m, and you should be aware that scoring housing is very hard.

It sounds like you’re a few years away from this move, so things may change between now and then.

SlytherinTargaryen t1_j197zmb wrote

It's also a massive problem that everyone moving in has remote jobs and overpays for housing, flooding out the locals and upending the already difficult housing economy.
That said, yes, Bernie. We love him. We keep voting him in because the vast majority of us agree with him. I also think Brattleboro still has a warrant out on George W. Bush; they announced that if he ever set foot in their town he would be arrested for crimes against the constitution. (The news said it was a joke. The town countered and said it was not a joke.)

Away_Papaya_1875 OP t1_j192dyn wrote

That’s good to know! Where I’m at, there are more houses than people, so that’s a new problem I’ll have to learn to work with before I go.