Submitted by HortonSquare t3_zszlwi in vermont

Hi Everyone. I am a PA native and am very interested in taking a trip to Vermont with my wife and kids this summer. Any good recommendations for a good place to go in the southern portion of the state? Asking for the southern because of driving time. Open to any ideas but I was thinking about renting an AirBnB or something similar on a lake. Thanks!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CANiEATthatNow t1_j1awems wrote

Maybe in the Wilmington area around Harriman lake/Reservoir. There could be some places.

Unique-Public-8594 t1_j1awlyt wrote

I’m guessing more water front Air BnBs a bit further north around Lake St Catherine.

Stinkynelson t1_j1ayi4b wrote

Ludlow has beautiful lakes, great hikes, shopping nearby (Woodstock), the VIN (also in Woodstock).

merikus t1_j1b8cvw wrote

The Vermont State Parks system rent out cabins in various parks. You can find out more information about reservations here: https://vtstateparks.com/cabins.html

They fill up fast but there still seems to be availability if you’re interested.

MYrobouros t1_j1bmxmb wrote

I'm biased but I'd go to Jamaica State Park, and maybe Ascutney while you're here. Make sure you eat at Brownsville Butcher and Pantry if you get the chance.

tre1001 t1_j1bpt24 wrote

The green mountain national forest is the most beautiful place on earth! You can stay for 2 weeks for free!

Beardly_Smith t1_j1c35ds wrote

Don't get an AirBnB, not only are they not worth the expense but they are ruining housing in Vermont

Effinehright t1_j1cmz7r wrote

Be sure to post a pic here of your dog enjoying VT

HortonSquare OP t1_j1d6vfb wrote

The pics I have seen are one of the main reasons I want to go to Vermont. It’s beautiful. This is a test to see if we want to buy a house permanently one day. Thanks for the advice!

−2

Pristine_Tension8399 t1_j1e0wcg wrote

Lake Bomoseen KOA has camping cabins. Stayed there before. It’s nice. Camp Plymouth state park has cabins as well, right near echo lake, which is lovely.

advamputee t1_j1eize1 wrote

Some friends and I have done one of the tent spots at Half Moon Lake State Park for a few years now. Nice covered platform with 3 walls, and plenty of room around the camp to pitch tents / awnings. They also have a few cabins, but they get reserved quickly.

CANiEATthatNow t1_j1ngfwd wrote

From what I gather Vermont is full of seasonal rentals! I’m just saying that I’m this particular part of Vermont is nice,The lake is nice… Probably not going to find houses directly on this lake, but around town definitely.