Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

WantDastardlyBack t1_j4gy3f2 wrote

I still have a Carburs menu and have often thought about recreating each sandwich for kicks, with the exception of Lady Chatterley's Liver, I couldn't stomach that one.

waitsfieldjon t1_j4h1hux wrote

A copy of that must be gold. Mind sharing?

truckingon t1_j4ha49z wrote

Try this: https://scholarsarchive.jwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1984&context=mbf_collection

I only ate (and drank beer of course) there once or twice before it closed. It might be one of the few exceptions to the rule that huge menu = very mediocre food.

Not_the_sharpest_1 t1_j4jbfz0 wrote

Thank you so much for this! I shall name my firstborn "Carburs-truckingon" to properly honor you.

WantDastardlyBack t1_j4kzdbo wrote

This menu has so much more than the one I have. Their food definitely became more and more mediocre as time passed. In the early to mid-80s, I loved eating there. We used to go from the bank to Carburs a lot for lunches in the late 80s, early 90s. But a few years before they shut down, they definitely weren't the same.

WantDastardlyBack t1_j4kyzsj wrote

At some point, I can circle back and do so. I have a scanner, but it's not set up right now, so it would have to be photos from a phone. The link below isn't the one I have. The one I have is smaller and has a section of alcoholic beverages. I think the date on it was 1980.

waitsfieldjon t1_j4l0n3s wrote

Someone posted a link to a Johnson and Wales web page that has it in this thread.