Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tangoshukudai t1_j801agx wrote

Why does it look like an expansion?

MartyVentura t1_j8028f5 wrote

Because it was originally planned as DLC, but they had too many ideas to fit in, so they expanded into a full game

Hectate t1_j801u78 wrote

Don’t know, let me ask my uncle that works at Nintendo?

tangoshukudai t1_j80324t wrote

They have never done this with a Mario game (other than Galaxy 2). All the Mario games looked unique, while this game just looks like an expanded BOTW.

Hectate t1_j803szs wrote

I’m confused so I’m guessing you’re a troll.

tangoshukudai t1_j80b9f3 wrote

Why are you confused? The game is just BOTW with different cut scenes and maps. I don't understand how this should be $80. Nintendo typically has a higher bar than this, where they redesign the game mechanics, graphics, story, etc.

Hectate t1_j80l5c5 wrote

Ah. Well, what I read was "They have never done this with a Mario game" and thought you were trolling by claiming this is "just a Mario game". You were comparing the differences in sequels between the franchises. Makes more sense now that I've read it a second time with your reply.

I guess we will have to wait and see if we think there are enough differences to warrant the cost upon release.

Don't forget, this is the same company that re-released Mario Kart 8 as "Deluxe" on the Switch at full price. They also remade Link's Awakening and remastered Windwaker, at pretty much full price. Sure, they make really good games that retain value, but they also milk them for a long time.

Time will tell about TOTK.

tangoshukudai t1_j8dw7r3 wrote

Yeah and they know we will buy it too. Just frustrates me that they could have waited a bit longer and came out on a new engine. Maybe they are doing that in parallel.

Hectate t1_j8dyh02 wrote

It wouldn’t surprise me. IIRC, the “hi-def” demo video that came out before WW eventually became the base for Twilight Princess? So two very different styles that developed simultaneously, more or less.