Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

VisualMod t1_iubhbmb wrote

>The shorts that benefitted from Enron's demise are the hedge funds that were short the stock.

notfrancisard t1_iubnb8k wrote

Damn.... you just pop up everywhere visualmod. Sage like advice and commentary, what would we do without you?

JamesERussell t1_iubymzj wrote

I’ll tell you who didn’t: the Taliban. Before Enron scandal broke the Taliban had people in Houston weekly getting the strip club/steakhouse treatment. They were working out a pipeline from the Uzbek reserves to the port of Karachi (via Afghanistan). Taliban were going to make enough money off it to be the next house of Saud. Deals fell apart when the Enron scandal broke.

canihazDD t1_iufxov9 wrote

Holy crap, never realized the scandal timeline lined up perfectly with 9/11. How random is that?

JamesERussell t1_iufypth wrote

It’s not random. The construction company that was going to build it rhymes with Lin Baden

Unlimited_MacGyver t1_iuedz7b wrote

Wont know bc most of the files regarding the investigation were destroyed when WTC 7 got imploded on 911

Working-Form1858 t1_iudco8x wrote

Are you trying to imply shorts are the reason Enron went out of business?

raylan_givens6 t1_iubmn25 wrote

whoever took over their lease for cheap

sinncab6 t1_iubvc06 wrote

Well the state of California for one.

somo1230 t1_iud31w6 wrote

All what I remember it was on the front page of a local newspaper on the other side of planet knowing some local fat cars lost millions!!

dwinps t1_iueqcoq wrote

The smart shorts benefitted the most

4d39faaf-80c4-43b5 t1_iuf8a08 wrote

Probably the parents and children of the Arthur Anderson Audit team

FukkenSaved t1_iugceab wrote

I'm pretty sure Michael J. Burry was actually able to get out of bed that day to go to his job as Eeyore.