Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cstrand31 t1_iybargh wrote

If you have to ask, you probably can’t afford it, or don’t know the right people to access it. If it was easy and accessible for every John q dipshit, then everybody would be doing it.

Confident_Weird3353 t1_iyce1s5 wrote

No, it was accessible to much bigger hedge funds and they didn't do it

cstrand31 t1_iycz7ki wrote

So then that would fall under “you probably can’t afford it” ,right?

Confident_Weird3353 t1_iydr8vd wrote

But folks with much higher resources also missed it even the banks whom he made a bet against

cstrand31 t1_iydrpeb wrote

What I mean is, it wasn’t available to the average dipshit on Reddit. Especially one who’s asking these types of questions. OP might as well just be asking “how me am making moneys? Give moneys pleeze” Like, it’s entirely IYKYK situation. And if you don’t, you don’t.

Confident_Weird3353 t1_iydrypz wrote

Average dipsit on reddit is betting on Pokemon. I think what Burry did was something amazing and we should not attribute it to time, resources or anything peripheral for that matter

cstrand31 t1_iydskpf wrote

Exactly my point. What burry did specifically wasn’t what OP is doing.

Confident_Weird3353 t1_iydszva wrote

OP can only jerk off to what Burry was doing, which in honesty is 90% of the community including me. My only point was that what Burry did was something phenomenal and to be cherised

cstrand31 t1_iyduspk wrote

I mean, don’t break your arm jerking the guy off. Yeah, he made some money but he did bet against the American economy and he’s kind of an asshole to boot.

Confident_Weird3353 t1_iydvatu wrote

I am ok as long as he made money on something which happened first time in history

cstrand31 t1_iydw9co wrote

“First time in history” - wut? He’s a hedge fund manager, not Jesus Christ. Saying anything he did should be “cherished” is just really fucking weird man. You’re giving off some real sycophant vibes.

Confident_Weird3353 t1_iydwlll wrote

You can think whatever you want. He betted against housing market at a time when everybody from CXO to cleaner was talking about housing boom, It's something I appreciate