Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jr1tn t1_j6enp9l wrote

Whoever wrote this post has a great sense of humor, bravo well done.

MissDiem OP t1_j6f0uhq wrote

I'll tell her. But which of these do you think could have its big bounce? Or is there another dumpster grade large cap you think is next to rise?

jr1tn t1_j6f1he3 wrote

Just do a scan on Finviz or your favorite scanner and filter for analyst sell rating, high PE, throw a dart and hit your next winner

MissDiem OP t1_j6f3fle wrote

Several of these names (top half) when they bottomed I wonder if it was worth dumpster diving, but they just seemed too unloved.

All the things on the bottom have that same feeling: nothing good there, and only bad news on the horizon. Remember late Dec as Musk was self-immolating, inventories climbing, story after story of low quality and overpricing. Analysts were sure TSLA would "break the buck" (fall below $100)

Weird-Status-287 t1_j6fbfew wrote

I'd say test your theory with the names you came up with and if you're right (don't talk yourself into it, make sure its sound) then give it a try with real money.

Always test strategies (then you can back up your hypothesis with some results and more people will listen)

MissDiem OP t1_j6fda9h wrote

I basically did with the top half ones. All of them I strongly considered buying at their recent lows, but the sentiment and fundamentals were mostly off-putting. I did go big into NFLX $165-185 And scaled out $235-285. For crpoto I do derivative names like miners/data centers so my commitment there was just to hold, and some say any day you don't sell is like the same as buying. They've rallied strongly this month so I've been scaling out.

But the post is inspired by how all of these backtested well.