Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BansheeLoveTriangle t1_j901t4j wrote

Did you accidentally turn into a man? (Since that sounds like the experience of most men on the apps, if that).

But seriously - it's probably some impact from more effort to monetize users by reducing non-paid features. But I haven't heard of any app coming to take Hinge's place quite yet.

Also:

• If you're looking for conservatives/moderates/libertarians, maybe more of them have left the area since Trump left
  • Is your profile actually that good? (unclear face shots (sunglasses, mask), no full body shot, prompts that limit who might be interested in you/make you look bad... maybe have a guy friend review or submit on a dating subreddit)
  • It's possible you've just hit a weird dating age range for women in the area (feel like I've seen late 20s women complain about dc in the past), or you're looking for a weird age range for whoever you're interested in

brickz14 t1_j983292 wrote

I wanna emphasize that second point. I'm a 31M and have seen what feels like 1 million of the same basic profiles and I don't wanna send a like and put effort in unless they seem to be more engaging. High quality prompt answers that give material to actually start a conversation are necessary imo. We're all more jaded in the age bracket tbh