Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bubbabubba345 t1_ja1k6k2 wrote

Does the silver line slow down or is it just insanely far between stations? Every time I’m on 66 or the Dulles toll road those metro trains are going at least 50-6mph

VoodooGirl47 t1_ja1pi7k wrote

I'm not super familiar with metro out that way but there are definitely longer distances between stations once you get out past Ballston.

I think it might have some closer together for the bigger areas like Tysons and Reston, but similar to the East Bay with BART in the SF Bay Area, the further out suburbs will be set up to require people drive and park to each station from that surrounding area for long distance transit use only versus using it locally for super short micro trips in the major city centers (DC and Arlington).

moonbunnychan t1_ja2ic91 wrote

It FEELS much slower for sure.

bubbabubba345 t1_ja4ek4d wrote

I think it's just because the stations, past east falls church (?) are just really far apart. There's the cluster around Tysons, and then it's a 5-10min ride to the next one, and 3-5 min between each one after to the airport.

ocmike34 t1_ja4mql1 wrote

I ride every day from Farragut West to Ashburn. It’s 46 mins from IAD to Rosslyn. 1h 1m from Farragut West to Ashburn.