Submitted by internet_emporium t3_113cly2 in washingtondc

Big wine fan, but a lot of the “wine bars” I’ve seen around here go for some tasteless modern look and are super open with those generic stainless steel and wood tables just lined up.

Looking for something a little more closed off where you can actually have a conversation without feeling like the table next to you can listen in.. I mean doesn’t even need to necessarily be closed off, but just situated out of other table’s earshot with good music works too.. also some more cultural ambiance would be nice but not my main requirement.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

EveryPapaya57 t1_j8pk1b5 wrote

Vin sue Vignt is proper French cuisine + wine. Indoors, intimate, good for dates/conversation.

Some tables are close together, though.

veloharris t1_j8psfz5 wrote

Maxwell, St. Vincent, Bottles Wine Garden, Lulu's Wine Garden, Apéro, Bar a Vin, Pop Fizz...

thevneck t1_j8pefc5 wrote

The Pursuit has an upstairs that is like a cozy living room!

Playful-Translator49 t1_j8pxima wrote

They have been at a new location for years that is bright, sterile and not inviting at all. The old location was amazing the new one is trash.

popofcolor t1_j8pt16s wrote

St Vincent for sure. If you go early you can land an excellent spot

hemlockone t1_j8rf326 wrote

I've gone to St. Vincent Wine on Georgia Ave a few times. Big patio, but also an indoors that's a converted pair of row houses. Often they have live jazz indoors or out.

wavysnakes9732 t1_j8sbss4 wrote

Flight wine bar in China town is a real hidden gem. Really quiet atmosphere

Yikes_Brigade t1_j8pgns4 wrote

Cork on 14th is open in their design, but their bar is excellent and when I’ve been in the noise levels have never impacted conversation or the ambiance at all. Super good wine bar.

thekingoftherodeo t1_j8s73b5 wrote

Verre over the river in Courthouse has little outdoor pods set up.

joegant t1_j8rbgaw wrote

Just wait a few weeks and hit the wineries in Virginia. You’ll save a ton of money and you’ll enjoy the outdoors.

rattledaddy t1_j8sg32l wrote

Looking fwd to the annual pilgrimage to Early Mountain to hang out and grab a few boxes of rose.