Submitted by eastCoastLow t3_11z5mdx in washingtondc

Around 950pm tonight I saw a large dog (white and brown, great dane size and shape) running across the 5th and constitution NE intersection without a person, thought it was weird, and then saw it shortly thereafter on constitution and 7th NE. I started running after it and realized it was bleeding, leaving bloody paw prints behind. I chased it to lincoln park and then south on 11th SE for 6 blocks or so until we crossed Pennsylvania SE on 11th SE. It was way faster than me so I lost visual and was just following the blood trail. It seemed to loop around on the west side of 11th on the sidewalk south of Pennsylvania SE and then cross Pennsylvania. I lost the trail from there. My wife caught up with me by car and we drove around and didnt see another sign….

Sorry for the wall of text - no real outcomes here other than hoping someone who may be looking for it has some info on where it could have been. Poor pup, must be terrified :(

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jaredkeithlee t1_jdbatb9 wrote

This is my dog! His name is Delano. Please text me if you see him. 7572876099

DCGIMLET t1_jdbcdc6 wrote

The power of social media! I messaged the poster with your number — see the Instagram post below.

swampoodler t1_jdcftff wrote

Unsure if you got him but a LOT of bloody paw prints in front of where Harris Teeter used to be across from Potomac Ave Station.

Edit: Saw that you did. Nice!

[deleted] t1_jdfow7f wrote

[deleted]

−10

super_robot t1_jdfv5dh wrote

Is it other’s responsibility to make sure you can see everything on various social media platforms?

124psu t1_jdnvqm6 wrote

You seem like a miserable person.

Ainwein t1_jdbfv94 wrote

So happy for you!

Delano needs lots of hugs tonight.

DCGIMLET t1_jdb3co4 wrote

Oh no I hope someone can help it. Thank you for trying.

Ainwein t1_jdbfy47 wrote

OP - you rock!

Human-Bite1586 t1_jdb9p6y wrote

Please post on Craigslist with the last known location of sighting, and any FB groups you can find :((

−8

BansheeLoveTriangle t1_jdb5vc8 wrote

There’s a white/brown Great Dane that lives in Navy yard - still a puppy though

−16