Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Formergr t1_je4e76r wrote

Not only that, but they claim on this post to be newer to DC and have been told to always stay away from SE, but their comment history somehow has them [claiming to live] (https://www.reddit.com/r/washingtondc/comments/120b603/10_men_shot_in_6_separate_incidents/jdibvm0/) in SE near Anacostia High. So, yeah.

j8sadm632b t1_je55mz1 wrote

Ehhh see that I'm sympathetic to; someone moving here is probably going to be warned about SE in some capacity but the financial reality is that some of those people are gonna live there anyway because it's cheaper. I don't think there's anything inconsistent about that.

Nor is there anything necessarily inconsistent about anything else they've said. Though I do still think it's overwhelmingly more likely that they were not being cased to be abducted into an underground child sex trafficking ring, and that this story is either fabricated wholecloth or somebody with an anxiety disorder blowing up a sincerely unnerving but ultimately benign interaction with somebody driving slowly near them.