Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SoonerLater85 t1_jef16ii wrote

Your closest metro station. Parking is free on weekends and all fares are $2.

OscarImposter t1_jef3bol wrote

I agree with everyone else, go to the closest Metro station, park, and ride the train downtown, but if you insist on driving and parking, when I'm going all the way down to the Mall I always park at the Watergate. $23 daily max. $15 if you go to the "New Hampshire Ave" garage. It's not the cheapest, but I never forget where I've parked.

runner7575 t1_jefayon wrote

Do you mean, Sunday, April 2? If so, it's the CB ten-miler - driving/parking around Mall be impossible. Metro is best bet.

nrith t1_jef2yrq wrote

My parking garage preference is the one under The Washington Post at 1301 K St NW. (The entrance is on 13th St, just south of the firehouse.) It’s a self-park, open 24 hours, doesn’t need reservations, and shouldn’t cost more than $15 (last I checked). Some spaces are double-depth, so you’ll have to leave your key with the attendant, but that won’t be a problem on weekends. It’s a bit of a walk down to The Mall, but less hassle than street parking.

If you need street parking, the west side of the FBI building almost always has spots, and it’s a short walk to the east building of the National Gallery of Art.

Mindless-Appeal-9258 t1_jef414s wrote

Anytime I go downtown I park at city center, it’s a 15ish minute walk to the national mall but the price doesn’t exceed 20 bucks and it’s a straight shot into and out of the city

exoticmatter421 t1_jef4qp0 wrote

If you’re already concerned about your car, you’ll be much happier not bringing it into the city.

I’ve parked all over the city, I’ve never had my car towed btw. Your biggest concern should be traffic and pedestrians. People walk, bike, scooter everywhere and they all have the right away regardless of what the actual legal situation is.

newyork-wyoming t1_jefbktf wrote

I agree with everyone else regarding metro. Not sure where you’re driving in from but I normally park near Crystal City or Pentagon City metros for free on weekends or after 4 during the week, and then metro in for like $2

rectalhorror t1_jef1b7z wrote

When I go to the museums, I usually go to the One Parking on 10th Street NW next to the FBI building. Never had an issue and it's a short walk to the Mall as well as eateries.