Submitted by crispywavefern t3_xtxkr9 in washingtondc

I’ve been to way too many mediocre CVS stores lately (small, consistently out of stock of essentials, most products are locked up, etc) and was wondering if anyone has a favorite location that doesn’t suffer from these issues. Bonus if they’re along major transit routes!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

swampoodler t1_iqsw6rm wrote

CVS in DC is almost at the same level as 7-11.

Meaning: I’ll be begged on the way in and out, and someone inside is usually trying to steal something.

/rant

drunkinlike t1_iqu1qgi wrote

the one on dupont circle is surprisingly decent considering how high traffic it is.

Pragmatic_Hedonist t1_iqu2v8e wrote

That location shall forever be known as "the people's drug." At least in my mind...

Master-Musician5006 t1_iqsnn19 wrote

Target or walmart

Pragmatic_Hedonist t1_iqt1gax wrote

I see your point with the Target, but every time I go to walmart, i leave frustrated with less than I hoped for spending way more time than i planned.

SluggingAndBussing t1_iqswrkj wrote

the one in NW on K St between 6 and 7 is the best one i can think of.

but yeah overall the CVS stores in DC are trash.

littlegreenstick t1_iqstrw7 wrote

Never had any issues with the Cleveland Park location

walkallover1991 t1_iqtx8yh wrote

Definitely not the one in Columbia Heights...my friend who lives down the block refers to it as a step below a prison commissary store.

The two-story location in Foggy Bottom on GW's campus seems relatively upscale.

Pragmatic_Hedonist t1_iqt13pv wrote

I like the one on NJ Ave in the Navy Yard. It can be a bit of a scene, but they are generally well-stocked, the pharmacy is professional and friendly, and they have a decent selection skin care, makeup, hair care etc. Staff is friendly.

It is small - minimal office supplies and housewares.

eyeronfc t1_iqtryb8 wrote

Have you been to the one at I and Half St a few blocks over? It seems to be a bit bigger.

Pragmatic_Hedonist t1_iqx5y82 wrote

I have!! It is bigger - and quieter. Guess I got stuck getting my prescriptions at the other one and never went back!

ellivretaw1 t1_iqy9mem wrote

You can change that really easily. Ask the pharmacy on NJ Ave to change it to the I St location next time you pick up. I did that a few months ago for one for stupidly haven’t done it yet for my other prescription lol.

KombuchaLady3 t1_iqt80dz wrote

Connecticut & McKinley I haven't seen a lot locked up.it is small.

craftycandles t1_iqtrfyr wrote

Definitely NOT the one across from the Georgia Ave Metro, that’s for sure

MarinaPinotLover t1_iqts40t wrote

The small one on 10th and L St (right by the convention center; beneath an apartment building) is my favorite here. It's small, but generally well stocked and the pharmacy staff is great.

The worst one is the newest (I think), on 8th and Florida where Town used to be. Huge store, but shelves are empty, and there NO SELF CHECKOUT. I didn't think they'd make a new store without self checkout; I have stopped by there a few times to get a water/soda and opted out after seeing a long line for one/sometimes two cashiers.

lc1138 t1_iqv5iy0 wrote

I like the CVS in Glover Park, it’s on Wisconsin but it’s the one near Wingos

toorigged2fail t1_iqtnbk2 wrote

The one in the Watergate used to be great... so they closed it.

IJocko t1_iqykman wrote

Cathedral commons on Wisconsin is the nicest one I’ve been to in DC. better than Cleveland park although that one is good too. Most of them are awful IMO full of employees who hate their job and messy, disorganized shelves.

[deleted] t1_iqshx20 wrote

[deleted]

FourFingeredBertans t1_iqspy3w wrote

No they're not. They suffer from low staffing, poor service, poor supply chain just like every other drug store in the country

tealccart t1_iqudxho wrote

I switched to Safeway for all my prescriptions and toiletries because the CVS pharmacy was a sh*t show and items were constantly out of stock or locked up.