Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

EastoftheCap t1_ixe75z7 wrote

Of course it’s stolen.

[deleted] t1_ixeblak wrote

[deleted]

Formergr t1_ixef7fq wrote

> The fuck? Did he change brands or something?

OK that is hilarious, and I totally get that feeling of confusion. Love that you shared this memory.

PotomacSwimmer202 t1_ixefzkl wrote

Exactly. When you see the guys walking out of CVS with their arms full of stuff, this is one of the places they go to sell it.

gator_fl t1_ixeb09o wrote

Must be be new around here. Everything from maasive shoplifting gangs to person that is a sole proprietor in thievery.

Many stores nationwide shutting down due to shrinkage.

Tide per ounce costs a shit load.

AinDiab t1_ixfin22 wrote

> Many stores nationwide shutting down due to shrinkage. > >

Huh?

jon20001 t1_ixfv6og wrote

Shrinkage is the technical term for shoplifting. Also includes employee theft and other losses.

AinDiab t1_ixfy1eg wrote

And are there really that many stores shutting down as a result? There were a couple of well-publicized ones earlier this year in SF but it doesn't seem like there's really an epidemic of stores shutting down due to shrinkage.

pomegranatecloud t1_ixegty0 wrote

People who are ok buying stolen goods because they’re cheaper.

aoc_desantis_2024 t1_ixdymmt wrote

When a street vendor is selling items for less than a large retailer can, you should probably ask yourself how they came to have these items.

iidesune t1_ixevl3r wrote

Oh they're definitely selling stolen goods

Less_Wrong_ t1_ixhnpfk wrote

I maintain that is the worst area in the city. Super unsafe, super sketchy for the amount of police presence

Top-Weather138 t1_ixl9k6c wrote

Goods probably aren’t stolen. In major metropolitan areas I’ve visited outside the US, street vendors are quite common and exist alongside traditional brick-and-mortar businesses. Oftentimes, these street vendors set up near larger established businesses since people walking by may already be primed to spend money. It’s more likely that these individuals are just regular people trying to make money in an expensive city.

celj1234 t1_ixds18a wrote

The grind never stops

22304_selling t1_ixdzyfn wrote

Good fences make good neighbors street merchants.

Boobsnbutt t1_ixi9v80 wrote

How is everyone so sure that this stuff is stolen? Feels like I'm back in Florida with how much people are hating minorities in this thread. Yeeuuuuwweeee!

slicknilla t1_ixdsnoe wrote

They probably bought in bulk or ran some coupon hustles to get it for cheap. People get very creative around the holidays.

I'll buy batteries off a street vendor if it's cheaper than in the store. I go through a lot of batteries.

−5

WaterBubbly t1_ixecwdz wrote

What's a shampoo battery? I was not under the impression that batteries were needed for my shampoo. Is that why my hair looks so meh??

−11

shibby3388 t1_ixe22x1 wrote

Who cares?

−16

drr71-2 t1_ixet1bd wrote

When business leave your area, you will.

shibby3388 t1_ixevfjb wrote

They’re not going anywhere.

−7

drr71-2 t1_ixf0byt wrote

Oh.... stores don't close from excessive shoplifting? And if you think small mom & pop shops will fill the void, they're less capable of absorbing high levels of theft.

https://sfist.com/2022/02/13/yep-theres-another-walgreens-location-shuttering-in-san-francisco-soon/

shibby3388 t1_ixfiqkb wrote

No one cares. We’re talking about an intersection with a CVS, Target, Marshalls, Old Navy, and Best Buy, with a 7-11 and Giant a block away that have all existed for well over a decade. Not to mention a revolving door of small restaurants and chains coming and going all within one of the most densely populated neighborhoods in the District of Columbia. Do you even live in the neighborhood? If you do, you clearly hate your less privileged neighbors trying to make a living.

−3

drr71-2 t1_ixfwhfa wrote

You're still talking? You call what they're doing is making a living..... by stealing. Since stuff has been stolen from me as well as these stores, yeah.... I have an issue with how they're making a living by stealing. If they had come looking for work, I could have possibly helped them, but nope.... just steal the stuff I worked hard to pay for from my meager pay. If it's not a big deal to you, I'll come over and you can give me your bike and TV just as they were stolen from me.

−1

fr0bert t1_ixem2vi wrote

Who gives a flying fuck? Walk on.

−21