Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

k30000 OP t1_ix5qriy wrote

I am worried about that as well. The cat used to love brushing and these mats are definitely traumatic for her. That’s why I haven’t pushed her at all when trying to brush them out (not that she even lets me close enough to try). She is a very sweet cat but shy and used to being alone with her owner.

I’m hoping to find a patient groomer who can be gentle with her. But having medication on board will definitely take the edge off. I want to try to preserve the hair for my neighbor but I’m thinking a sedated groom at the vet might be the best option. It’d be painless and she’d have no memory of any of it. In my opinion, fur grows back. So an uneven shave isn’t a big deal especially if it’s what’s best for the cat.

JustHereForCookies17 t1_ix6hgym wrote

This is, in my opinion, a wise & sane approach.

I'm glad you've already thought about consulting the veterinarian. Involving a professional who is familiar with the dynamic between your client & their cat is the best possible move.

You're a peach, OP. The world needs more folks like you in it. Please let us know how everything pans out!