Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

m2199 OP t1_j1ruv0j wrote

They’ve been incredibly flaky for me. West Half, Dock79, 1221 Van, and Foundry Lofts have all flaked on tours with no notice or follow up.

I can wait to visit in person if I absolutely must but I would need to visit all of them in 1 day and their responsiveness is not exactly encouraging.

I honestly just expected better service from apartments that label themselves as ‘luxury’

GenericReditAccount t1_j1s0lw6 wrote

Everything in DC is labeled luxury these days, and almost none of it actually is. Sometimes the kitchens are nice, but the service always sucks.

WayyyCleverer t1_j1s1fyf wrote

Everything is branded as luxury. I found that the in person tours look nothing like what was available online - both in layout/floorplan and quality.

iswearitsreallyme t1_j1s0g6e wrote

I'm currently pet sitting for someone in 1221 Van and have also had my dog boarded in someone's apartment there. I would not recommend renting there. When I went to pick up keys, a few people in the building were joking in the elevator about how it was the only one working (of I think 3?) and that maintenance there was pretty bad in general.

frappeyourmom t1_j1v6nt8 wrote

You’re also asking leasing offices for video tours and responsiveness during what is typically “no man’s land” in between Christmas and New Years. If I can help it, the two things I avoid doing are job hunting and apartment hunting during the holidays because everyone is on PTO.

bullsgirl t1_j1u3fmf wrote

I live in Navy Yard and just want to warn you against Illume. All facade, all a rip off.

toorigged2fail t1_j1s1b6i wrote

I've also had better luck walking in or calling an hour or two ahead

Mareofthedmv t1_j1s5zmv wrote

Dock 79 recently had leasing turnover which is why they’ve been flaky. I was on the fence between them and the collective and ended up at the collective because even though I toured both I couldn’t get any response from dock 79

romanceordelusion t1_j1sj7ql wrote

I wonder if it’s the holidays - my building manager who handles this picked up and left on holiday with no out of office response.