Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Rugrats-theme-song t1_iznx3iq wrote

Yeah just go to the dc parking enforcement website. ParkMobile will have the zone and time you paid for parking. I think you just upload the receipt and an explanation. As long as the information on the citation match the parking receipt it should get dismissed easily and all online

Hopefully you’re not like me and didn’t put in the wrong zone

Edit: damn there were hella typos

awaymsg t1_izo0cay wrote

I once put the wrong zone because I parked kind of in between two park mobile zones, and just typed in the number on the first sign I saw. Of course it was the wrong one, but DC still waived the ticket since I proved that I paid for the time and that the signs were a bit confusing.

frameddummy t1_izo6esc wrote

I've also had good luck contesting tickets. Usually they dismiss solely based on the explanation and uploaded evidence, in my experience.

Classic-Ad684 t1_izom30k wrote

Exactly. Once Ingot a ticket in the mail for running a red light. Was getting ready to pay. Something said look closer at the picture. I went online and blew up the photo and I did not run a red light at all. I was going straight but the left turn light was red. I circled, commented and explained there was no way I ran a red light. Uploaded all of that and sent it to traffic adjudication and the ticket was dismissed.

LumpyPumpkin21 t1_izp19r8 wrote

No matter what, it shouldn’t be on the OP to have to remedy someone else’s error - the whole situation just adds unnecessary burden into the OP’s life when they tried to do the right thing. Plus, it adds to the issue that the ticketing person & the arbitration staff are likely paid in some very small part paid out of the OP’s district tax dollars…

This is like when your medical insurance doesn’t cover something that you have proof they need to cover…and it’s on you to take the time out of your day to prove to them that they need to do their jobs correctly.