Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2a67ja wrote

I think people are generally familiar with the WalMart shopping experience, be it in DC or in the burbs.

ohtakashawa t1_j2ac13g wrote

I promise you that the H St Walmart is worse than the burbs. They are not comparable beyond the name on the door.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2ac53l wrote

What’s the difference. Go into detail

−5

MrMundus t1_j2b0wk2 wrote

It’s filthy. There’s no stuff. You basically need to go through security to go in and out. There are people on drugs standing out front.

ohtakashawa t1_j2acdkp wrote

Worse stock. Worse staff. Worse environment generally. It’s not a good store, full stop.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2acg6f wrote

What’s wrong with the staff

−7

ohtakashawa t1_j2ackel wrote

I have never found useful help there, when there’s help to be found at all.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2aco2l wrote

How much help do you need when you’re in WalMart

−6

ohtakashawa t1_j2ad3kv wrote

Well when the shelves aren’t stocked or you’re trying to pick up an online order or return something or there’s a problem with the checkout, you need help. Do you work at the H Street Walmart, do you have some personal interest in arguing whether or not it sucks? Or just bored?

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2ade4c wrote

It's a common trope on here to talk shit about any chain store in the District staffed by Black Washingtonians, which you seem very comfortable parroting.

−2

Professional-Tailor2 t1_j2ajdzj wrote

I don't get it. You asked them what's wrong with the store, they gave you a valid reason stating that the store doesn't stay stocked and the staff is unhelpful and you assume it's a issue about race? So anytime a store or business is lacking and a person notices, it's a racism issue right? How about the store just fucking sucks.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2ajriq wrote

You new here? These complaints could be about literally any Walmart.

−2

celj1234 t1_j2ajlp8 wrote

I’m black. That store sucks. This isn’t really debatable.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2awuwq wrote

Are you under the mistaken impression that WalMarts elsewhere provide a superior customer experience? It’s WalMart

celj1234 t1_j2axw1k wrote

I’ve been to other Walmart. They are better. That one sucks. Why are you defending this Walmart so hard homie? Shit weirdo behavior.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2b3p2e wrote

I work nearby, have been many times, and the gentrifier hysteria is ridiculous. I think it’s far weirder to pretend that this one WalMart is somehow unusable or horrible for someone who lives in the neighborhood. WalMart is what it is

celj1234 t1_j2b54dx wrote

Yeah it sucks. Glad we agree. Take care homie. 🙌🏾

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2b5hyw wrote

I’m sure the hysterical gentrifiers appreciate having you in their corner

celj1234 t1_j2bbue6 wrote

I really don’t give a fuck about them when stating my personal opinion kiddo.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2bcom6 wrote

Sure, whatever. I’m sure they appreciate it though.

jaykell6ix t1_j2afs31 wrote

That WalMart is legitimately the worst shopping experience I’ve ever had and the staff is terrible. Stop making it a race thing that place sucks.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2afwgt wrote

Oh my god. What happened

jaykell6ix t1_j2aiq46 wrote

I shopped there, it’s terrible

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2aislc wrote

Will you ever recover

jaykell6ix t1_j2ajpsy wrote

Only one of us is upset and you’re the one on the internet suggesting people who don’t like a Walmart are racist. I’m worried whether or not you’re gonna make it to be honest.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2ajwn2 wrote

Dunno you seem pretty upset about this traumatizing shopping experience, I’m chill about shopping there

jaykell6ix t1_j2asbd7 wrote

You’re the worst type of person

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2aw3v8 wrote

bringing up this trauma must be difficult for you but I promise, you will shop at WalMart again. I'll see you there, I will probably be buying some batteries or something like the hundreds of normal people who shop there without incident every day

jaykell6ix t1_j2aywa2 wrote

ok snowflake

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2az63u wrote

Buddy I regularly walk into the store that traumatized you like it’s nothing

jaykell6ix t1_j2azvtq wrote

And yet, you can’t read a complaint about a Walmart without being offended. Must be tough to be in your shoes.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2b00rd wrote

yes, I always have time to call bullshit on gentrifier hysteria

jaykell6ix t1_j2b2ba9 wrote

I’m sure the fine people of H St WalMart are super glad to have a savior like you

dynospectrum7 t1_j2bckn3 wrote

This is not something you describe. But if I had to, id say it’s the opposite of an orgasm.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2bd9bc wrote

You achieve orgasm in superior Walmart locations?

−1

HeavyPetter t1_j2c3n3m wrote

This the second thread I've seen with DC subredditors slamming that Walmart. I'm with you. I go there and never been bothered by the experience. I don't live close and go out of my way to go there whenever I'm remotely close. I like the store and would consider proximity to the store as a plus. I wish I lived closer and could go more often.

Pipes_of_Pan t1_j2c6xz4 wrote

It was the same narrative around the Columbia Heights Target when it opened. Every store takes some time to figure out staffing and inventory, but you’d see comments section on Prince of Petworth implying that shopping there was like surviving a riot, which of course was absurd. A lot of it is barely coded racism.

−2