Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Alert-Glove-4852 t1_izf0qqi wrote

I worked as a Youth Program Coordinator at a dv organization back in 2018 and since then I have also worked as a Research Coordinator at a university for Medical Marijuana Research. Have about 10 plus years of experience in the sector because I was working through college. I had to take a break for about a year break since middle of 2020 for personal reasons, but I happen to work as a recruiting coordinator for a short period. I applied to many jobs both in the recruiting world (not a good time, I know), and the non-profit sector and I am not hearing back. Prior to the pandemic I was able to network well so was able to at least know who is hiring and apply. I feel like I am starting all over again here in DC.

Thismarno t1_izhafe0 wrote

I work in nonprofit fundraising and there are a TON of jobs going on our side, but a lot of our clients have had to lay off/downsize and aren't hiring as much right now. After the fundraising boom during covid, when everyone was at home and nothing to do but watch netflix and donate, people are getting back to their lives and donations are dropping off (normalizing, really, but after two great years it feels tough). Plus expenses are so off the charts that even more belt-tightening is happening to preserve the net revenue.

That said, check out networking events at the Direct Marketing Association of Washington (DMAW). Lots of nonprofits attend as well as fundraisers, and people from either group can give you some leads. I'll give it some more thought too!