Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GenericReditAccount t1_j2c410m wrote

I obviously don't know all the pools out in the suburban hotels, but I really doubt you're gonna find one with a lazy river or water slide anywhere near the city. Space is at a premium, and hotels make more money by offering poolside bar amenities.

Not anywhere near DC, but I think the Omni Homestead has a lazy river.

Late-Cry7893 t1_j2c45v8 wrote

Thank you, I’m just starting my search so I appreciate the help

Commercial_F t1_j2c8oe2 wrote

Dc isn’t disneyworld lol

Late-Cry7893 t1_j2c91kf wrote

I understand that, we are going for the typical things, the museums, national mall, things like that but I was just hoping for a nice hotel with those amenities for our downtime, I mean, I’m from New Hampshire. There’s literally nothing to do here, but there are multiple hotels that have those things here so I just assumed every place had something like that.

−5

Formergr t1_j2ct7pt wrote

> There’s literally nothing to do here, but there are multiple hotels that have those things here

Right, that’s why the hotels have those things.

drastician t1_j2c9te0 wrote

If you stay in crystal city, you’d be right near Long Bridge Aquatic Center. You’d have to pay, but it’s what you seem to be looking for! There are a bevvy of hotels within maybe 3-5 blocks and is super convenient to the city either by car or by metro.

WontStopAtSigns t1_j2d3qhx wrote

Just be aware they have majorly limited hours for drop-in fun and play. I've been there a dozen times and never saw the play area open, the guizers on, or the slide operational.

foreverurgirl t1_j2cc1bn wrote

How old are your kids? There are tons of splash pads and mini water areas for various ages in urban settings. You can go to eastern market or yards park on a weekend and poke around the neighborhoods, get food, and get the kids wet.

Re pools, you’ll find a lot of rooftop pool situations that are more geared towards happy hour but in a mild way that isn’t offensive to kids but just not splash central if that makes sense.

frankie_fudgepop t1_j2cmvq4 wrote

If you rent a car or drive down there are several county-run waterparks in Northern Virginia. Hard to get to without a car.

DC itself has nothing like what you seek but we do have lots of good spray parks.

Pocky3011 t1_j2dn7lr wrote

The Omni shoreham in woodley park has a pretty large outdoor pool. No lazy river, but larger than most hotel pools in DC

MidnightPumpkin5 t1_j2dm38s wrote

I’ve only ever seen water slides and lazy rivers at like resorts… in Florida or the Caribbean. You’ll still have a great DC trip tho with other kid friendly things to do

messmaker523 t1_j2cnfnv wrote

Grab some noodles and jump in the C&O canal

rachs1988 t1_j2edqzg wrote

Please don’t wade in the WWII memorial like other tourists

breakfast_organisms t1_j2exf42 wrote

Don’t come here you’re all unvaccinated

Late-Cry7893 t1_j2exyoj wrote

Seriously? The vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting it or transmitting it so what’s the purpose? And if your vaccinated why do you care if I am?

−5

breakfast_organisms t1_j2ey5yq wrote

lmao yes I’m serious. Don’t come here, we don’t want you spreading disease around. I’m not going to explain basic science to you 3yrs into the pandemic. Stay in NH.

Late-Cry7893 t1_j2eyw0h wrote

I feel the same way, so over it, I don’t care if you want to mask up and boost yourself forever but stop pushing it on everyone, I think your stupid for getting it but at the end of the day I feel like you have the right to do what you think is best for yourself, I just don’t understand honestly if you are vaccinated why you care what I do? You spread it just as easy as I do, if I end up in the hospital that’s on me, why do you care?

−2