Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

endlessly_apollo t1_j02dyx9 wrote

Any context?

sonicmonkeys OP t1_j02h5rd wrote

The guy being punched on the ground was involved in a situation at the front of the stage at the end of the show. They pulled him out and he had a bloody nose. After the show, he was standing outside, clearly inebriated, when the assailant (guy in the black sweatshirt/jeans) got in his face and accused him of inappropriately doing something to his girl. The guy denied it, but the assailant didn’t like that answer so he punched him. The guy countered back then that’s when the video starts. Cops and paramedics were called, and a detective was interviewing witnesses. All of those involved were at the Surf Curse concert.

IcyWillow1193 t1_j02pctg wrote

>his girl.

Ah yes, gotta defend one's property.

−32

BrightThru2014 t1_j02qa4f wrote

You don’t think dudes who sexually assault women (who are often physically smaller than them) deserve to get their ass beat by someone who can square up to them? What a weird comment.

IcyWillow1193 t1_j02uhdd wrote

You are sooo right, the only imaginable way to handle an alleged assault is to carry out an assault. There can't possibly be a better way to handle this.

Knock_turnal t1_j031z51 wrote

Tell me you haven’t dealt with MPD, without telling me that you haven’t dealt with MPD

jd_dc t1_j04xlvq wrote

Accurate. In DC laws only apply to those who follow them. Even if the police wanted to charge someone (they don't) the charges wouldn't stick.

cam-mann t1_j035wtn wrote

Honestly I think the take down is fair game. Talk shit get hit. The punch after is questionable and the kick was for sure bad. But still, the dude deserves consequences for his actions and that sure as fuck ain't coming from MPD

[deleted] t1_j042846 wrote

The kick in the head is attempted murder, period. No excuses for that.

Starbeets t1_j04i2p2 wrote

Sorry you got downvoted for that, its a fair point about the 'ownership' apostrophe.

someusername_yay t1_j06t596 wrote

It’s not always about “property.” Many people believe that a woman should be defended against disrespectful men by the man she’s with, and some people stupidly jump to violence as the first line of defense.

IcyWillow1193 t1_j08zu6a wrote

any defending to be done would have been inside, at the time of the alleged incident. Carrying the fight on outside? The only thing he's defending at that point is his ego.

aup123 t1_j02ge7a wrote

Doesnt sound like assault, sounds like a legal right to self defence...unless we are talking about the kicker who looks like they never played a sport in their life.

celj1234 t1_j02gslj wrote

Yeah dude just lost a fight and took a L.