Submitted by Sufficient-Hunter-37 t3_zkij9f in washingtondc

Hello all! I’m visiting DC for a bit and I’d like to know if there are any lower energy and less busy areas in DC. From what it looks like it seems it’s stays busy 24/7 and a little break from all that seems quite nice. So if you know any areas or locations that fit the low vibe, please let me know! Thank you.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

brock_h t1_izzzgt5 wrote

Rock Creek Park. Upper NW near the Smithsonian Zoo (Woodley Park, Cleveland Park) and the National Cathedral and Cathedral Heights. You can also take a trip to Old Town Alexandria via Water Taxi from the Wharf or Georgetown.

[deleted] t1_izzwyiw wrote

I think the Capitol Hill/Eastern Market/Hill East area has that.

Playful-Translator49 t1_j00ie3n wrote

To live or hang out? To live cathedral, glover park, palasaides, going out wise there are lots of pretty quiet neighborhoods but along rock creek park, near the zoo is pretty chill.

VoodooGirl47 t1_j0f92ai wrote

Yep, I live in Woodley Park and from here all up Connecticut Ave (to Chevy Chase) is fairly chill.

pro254256 t1_j0019bz wrote

Southwest Waterfront

sg8910 t1_j01ei0i wrote

national cathedral, quiet walking in glover park, get on trail, AU park, i used to live in these areas for the peace. i now live in arlington for same reasons but now arlington too much building and noise

i would avoid avoid sw navy yard and wharf, all party all construction, some parts of national mall by tidal basin good to read a book...chevy chase is nice to walk around and see old houses

DancesWithTreetops t1_j06rue1 wrote

Fletchers Boathouse and the canal tow path=super quiet.