Submitted by ieatglass t3_10q3r4i in washingtondc

I’d advice against calling Evergreen Deck Company if you are in DC and looking for deck work. I called for an estimate and in a very quick prerecorded message they said that by calling them they have the right to give your number to home service companies.

I wasn’t even off the line before I started getting calls. So far 15 calls from spammers since 5 pm last night and 6 silent voicemails.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

roadnotaken t1_j6nrioo wrote

That’s terrible! Thanks for the warning.

west-egg t1_j6nsqiu wrote

Sounds like it must be a pass-through service for leads, sort of like Thumbtack and those outfits, but specific to decks?

chickunsendwich t1_j6nx4ay wrote

Honestly shocked that they would admit to doing this. Loads of scum fuck small businesses just do it without telling anyone.

pantsman17 t1_j6o9tvm wrote

wild. agree it’s shady, but wonder if the message mentioned anything about agreeing to the terms by staying on the line? agree worth reporting to DC AG

reeleet t1_j6omz4n wrote

Seems like a good way to harass your enemies.

awfuckthisshit t1_j6p65s1 wrote

Wow and their google reviews are so insanely fake too! What a bunch of dickheads

_WalkItOff_ t1_j6pbeyu wrote

Unfortunately, they have covered their ass. From the "Privacy Policy" on their web site (emphasis mine).

​

Information Collection, Use, and Sharing

You also hereby consent to receive marketing communications via automated telephone dialing system and/or pre-recorded calls, text messages, and/or emails from our “Premiere Partners” and marketing partners at the phone number, physical address and email address provided above, even if you are on any State and/or Federal Do Not Call list. Consent is not a condition of purchase and may be revoked at any time. Message and data rates may apply

We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.

Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services, or changes to this privacy policy.