Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GenericReditAccount t1_j5tkx6q wrote

Reply to comment by chefdrew00 in Access to 3D printer? by chefdrew00

Any indication as to why? Covid protocol, maybe? Seems like an odd service to shut down seasonally.

buggywool t1_j5tlz3b wrote

Shit I work for DCPL (not at MLK) and didn’t know that. It may be staff shortages, we’re running really low especially since hours were expanded.

Playful-Translator49 t1_j5toxah wrote

It’s up and running, you can use the podcast studio, media lab to transfer old vhs etc to useable format, sewing machines, recording studio, dance studio, sewing machines and 3D printers. The laser cutters, woodworking, heat press and cricut machines are still off limit. You can take a class with Arlington county li rät and use theirs as well.

chefdrew00 OP t1_j5tm4dv wrote

I wish I knew! They closed down the scheduling app and said they were “revamping things for the winter”.

Playful-Translator49 t1_j5tpc9y wrote

Yep they had 3 smaller 3D printers and 3 larger ones all up and running. You can use them for 2 two hour time blocks per month but, if you show up and no one is using them or the person signed up is more than 15 min late you can score extra time as well. No guarantee but possible. Only 1 of 6 were being used when I went.