Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Slimfictiv t1_j9sv1du wrote

They're not really as cool as cucumbers I bet, but there's not many people that miss them back home. They'll die as 'heroes'. Their leader will have a speach and that's it. That'll be enough for the families. And an added bonus: the Lada.

coreation t1_j9svqoq wrote

the Lada is I believe a more "first batch of soldiers perk", I've seen the rewards drop to "pack of sausages" or "a goat and a coat"...literally from Russian news sources.

Krivvan t1_j9tgl4k wrote

I vaguely remember that it's because it's up to each regional government to figure it out? So some award a car and others a sack of potatoes.

negrocrazy t1_j9w8g1g wrote

A full pack of sausages ?? Where do i sign up!?

106503204 t1_j9ubrvi wrote

>there's not many people that miss them back home

You are joking right? You do understand that the Russians are losing people at an unprecedented rate in modern warfare for extremely small strategic and tactical gains. Each of those lives lost came from a family that most likely loved and cared about them. I cannot imagine that what you just said about their not being many people to miss them back home is true unless the majority of their family was conscripted and male because I don't know that there's many conscripts that are female in russia?

Anyway, every one of those lives lost has a family and I'm sure that those family members miss them. As for the dying as Heroes parts every soldier dies a hero is the punchline to war. Whether it be the people in Ukraine or the people in Russia.

−11

Slimfictiv t1_j9ud9vf wrote

Recently I've watched a documentary on a family that lost their son in Ukraine. The little brother was devastated. But teh father was proud that his son died as a hero for his coutry. Now I'm thinking if he realizes that his son died in vain, what other choice does he have? Admit that he died for nothing? After 21 years invested in that young boy can he accept that it died in vain. His pride rather chose the 'hero' route.

desmaize t1_j9xxcr8 wrote

You seemingly don't understand just how pivotal egocentrism is in modern russian mentality.

Russian widows are not shaken by dead husbands, but by receiving a sausage instead of a lump sum of money as compensation.

Putin will literally send millions of russians armed with just forks in waves at Kyiv and we won't see a russian uprising

Ты просто вообще не понимаешь русских людей