Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bertiethebastard t1_jac71nt wrote

I'm still traumatised. It's my home town. The Russians were taken ill 20yds from the library I used as a child. They dumped the poison bottle in Elizabeth gardens, where we all used to go to smoke weed in the 70's. Guy who found it, his girlfriend died. FUCK PUTIN.

Sqrandros t1_jadljx6 wrote

Russian act of terror on UK soil yet the dwarf clown of the Kremlin still dares to make speeches.

ForgottenDreamshaper t1_jac9fxh wrote

Some animal poisons can kill for certain and very fast. Meanwhile, the best poison russians could develop most of the time fails. I guess the survivors are lucky that russians are so bad at everything they do.

eypandabear t1_jacfeaq wrote

Chemical weapons are not designed to assassinate specific individuals. They are made to either kill or incapacitate large numbers of people at once.

The messiness is a feature, not a flaw. They used a military nerve agent to send a message. Like the mob does.

Zvenigora t1_jaelihd wrote

But the truth is that they are poor battlefield weapons which require near-perfect wind conditions to work at all. They are in fact much more suited to assassination.

chullyman t1_jacq41p wrote

Tell me which animal poison kills “for certain and very fast” once timely medical attention is administered.

−2

Yum_Kaax t1_jads10l wrote

Lead. Although the delivery method is a strong factor.

chullyman t1_jae6laf wrote

I don’t believe this person was talking about naturally occurring toxic materials. I think they meant venoms, or poisons originating from animals. Either way I would agree lead can be deadly in high doses, but is much harder to poison someone with than Novichok. Not a very good tool for assassins.

−4

ForgottenDreamshaper t1_jad7biy wrote

For example, one from small octopus. It is only possible to save someone if you give RIGHT treatment in time, but how do you know what is right?

chullyman t1_jae5qqi wrote

If you’re talking about the Blue Ringed octopus, then the treatment is to get put on a ventilator until the venom leaves your system. Symptoms are pretty noticeable, and respiratory depression is what kills you.

As long as you’re at a hospital in time, approx 30 min, they would start treating those symptoms regardless of knowledge of the source , taking the guesswork away.

Just to respond to your earlier statement. Novichok is very deadly, and does kill people most of the time. There is no cure, only treatment, and it does cause long term damage for many people who survive. If you’re wondering why the Russians use it, it’s because it’s easy to administer to someone, and it’s distinctly Russian, meaning they can use it as a political tool, to spread fear.