Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Murky_Interview3502 t1_ja17oqh wrote

turkey japan now papuA???? what the

SideburnSundays t1_ja1ax71 wrote

Happens all the time. Media is just going ham reporting on every single shake they can find to keep riding the click-train of the Turkey disaster.

That75252Expensive t1_ja1j1qe wrote

Just wait till you see how many clicks the major pnw quake gets.

By_Design_ t1_ja1jj56 wrote

click one for me. I'll likely be busy being swallowed in the soil liquefaction

PurpEL t1_ja28g3c wrote

No problems, just wear and inflatable suit. Remain bouyant.

Former_Football_2182 t1_ja1qwcl wrote

6.2 happens all the time?

UniversalMomentum t1_ja36nb6 wrote

Well could be that we do get more earthquakes based on solar activity and the sun has been acting a little bit weird lately while also approaching it's projected cycle peak.

It's still a loose correlation based link, but we haven't written it off yet and this cycle will be a good one to study.

TechieTravis t1_ja29ydl wrote

It's a normal amount of earthquakes. We are just more focused on them because of what happened in Turkey and Syria.

t-b0la t1_ja1aw7f wrote

Pretty sure I read about one in Indonesia yesterday.

WirelessBCupSupport t1_ja9f7uo wrote

Eh. You realize there are 44 or more active volcanoes so ... earthquakes are frequently felt... plate tectonics et al... just the big ones that do damage we are told about.

I_am_Relic t1_ja1oefq wrote

Dont forget wales in the UK. Seems that they got hit with a 3.7 or something.

Not an expert but it seems that recently the tectonic plates are having a bit of a grumble and doing some rearrangement.

Cheshire1234 t1_ja2m8ko wrote

Expert here. That's completely normal and not out of the ordinary. They just report it now. You can compare the numbers easily: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/search/

Also, the most commonly used scale (Richter) is logarithmic. There's a huge difference between magnitude 3 and magnitude 6.

I_am_Relic t1_ja2mng3 wrote

Cool. thank you! I had a vague notion that what you said was the case and its good to hear someone say it (or read it in this case).

Appreciate the link too. Going to educate myself more and have a look at it.