Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AbuelitasWAP t1_j9grnxp wrote

Lol 'liberal media'. Sure, If I just turn a blind eye to the problems of the world and utilize my privilege to shield myself from those problems, I'll probably be happier. Worked for the boomers!

XXendra56 t1_j9gydb0 wrote

Exactly the feelings of the Right , ignore the world’s problems or anyone else that doesn’t look like them and focus on their privilege and victimhood .

Georgep0rwell t1_j9iks6f wrote

We live better now than kings and queens did 100 years ago.

−6

AggressiveSkywriting t1_j9jfsab wrote

Who does?

Everyone? You?

The person working two jobs trying not to lose their apartment?

Sounds more like they have more in common with the peasants of ye olden times than kings. Kings a hundred years ago (1923, hello?) lived pretty fucking swanky lives.

Georgep0rwell t1_j9js20j wrote

Kings and Queens didn't have hot showers, central air conditioning, cars, TVs, access to dental care, washing machines, indoor plumbing, toilet paper, soap, grocery stores, etc., etc., etc.

It's the best time to be alive in the history of the world.

But if you want to walk around like some ignorant, pessimistic, loser, have at it!

−1

AggressiveSkywriting t1_j9jymsm wrote

You do know that hot showers have been a thing for like two hundred years, right?

Kings and Queens absolutely had access to hot showers 100 years ago. And indoor plumbing, soap, groceries, etc. The car had been invented for nearly two decades!

What in the world are you babbling about? It's wild that you call me ignorant when you seem to have zero grasp on history.

Also dismissing crises/problems we face in the current times because technology is better than X years ago is an absolutely fallacious, childish take.

Georgep0rwell t1_j9kdr7d wrote

Denial of reality.

There has never been a better time to be alive!

By the way, thank capitalism for all the material wealth and conveniences we enjoy.

Georgep0rwell t1_j9ikvkx wrote

We live better now than kings and queens did 100 years ago.

But if you want to be Debbie Downer....I can't help you.

−6