Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

joescott2176 t1_iy7nbuy wrote

This makes him sound very weak and insecure.

[deleted] t1_iy7nics wrote

[removed]

−11

joescott2176 t1_iy7o146 wrote

Yes i did, he's butt-hurt because Messi stepped on a shirt that looked like the Mexican flag... big deal. Someone steps on a rag and he's ready to go beat him up? Alvarez needs to grow up, there are bigger things for him to cry about.

QutieLuvsQuails t1_iy7puui wrote

Maybe he should zero in on the mass corruption in the murder capital Mexico has become.

[deleted] t1_iy7sd5g wrote

[removed]

−25

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7tolq wrote

Nah, it's him. Wanting to fight over someone stepping on a rag is profoundly stupid. The insecurity is mind boggling.

cdclopper t1_iy7v6b4 wrote

About as weak as getting but hurt about somebody wanting to fight somebody else. Maybe?

−9

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7viu1 wrote

Sahwing and a miss.

cdclopper t1_iy7vql6 wrote

Downvoting me bro? Lol. You're real secure.

−6

EBZ1722 t1_iy7u5ur wrote

It might seem that way if you don't belong to a cultural group yourself. A lot of redditors are zombie level consumerists with zero sense of culture, so they're not equipped with a frame of reference to understand things like family, community, blood, culture, etc.

−17

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7ugvc wrote

You don't have to be a thin skinned nationalist to understand family, community, and culture. By blood I assume you mean some intangible shared national destiny since you already said family.

EBZ1722 t1_iy7v4kw wrote

Yes, that's what I mean. Canelo gets it at least and he's the best boxer alive.

−13

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7vhph wrote

Ok. I'll probably never understand nationalists and patriots.

EBZ1722 t1_iy7vqnx wrote

I don't particularly understand cosmopolitan ultra consumerists but I'm here to try

−2

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7w2ip wrote

I don't get the ultra consumerist part either.

EBZ1722 t1_iy7wblw wrote

Probably a bit inflammatory on my part, cosmopolitan modern progressive may be a more appropriate term.

−4

laysback t1_iy7wj9e wrote

You are a troll

EBZ1722 t1_iy7wrxi wrote

Is everyone who holds different values from you a troll? Seems like a reductive and simplistic worldview.

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7wy08 wrote

Ah, got it.

Yes, I am very much that. Consumerist doesn't fit.

EBZ1722 t1_iy7x9ma wrote

I'm on this platform mainly to expose myself to people like you, I'm not a typical part of the reddit demographic but I sincerely appreciate being challenged on my preconceived notions. So thanks for engaging with me, even though we don't see eye to eye.

-----shreddit----- t1_iy80his wrote

If that means that your country/culture thinks violence is a way of dealing with someone disrespecting their flag, then I feel there are much bigger underlying problems that need to be addressed.

QutieLuvsQuails t1_iy7vtjz wrote

Mexico’s honor does not depend on their flag being treated properly. Maybe he can tackle police corruption and mass murders first?

EBZ1722 t1_iy7w71c wrote

I don't think I agree with you. He's one man he obviously can't fix all of Mexico's internal problems, but he can defend his country's honour in a way he sees fit. I also love quails though, they're everywhere on my property and they're delightful animals.

−4

QutieLuvsQuails t1_iy81s72 wrote

It’s just selective outrage. That’s the problem. It’s like Americans that will complain more about an athlete kneeling during the anthem than the fact that 20 veterans committ suicide on a daily basis.

QUAILS! I’m in Southern Nevada so we see them all over too. I want to get a tattoo of a few of them.

joescott2176 t1_iy7tew2 wrote

Maybe, but i think have a little more sense than to get mad and make threats at some imagined national slight. Like good old Bill Hicks said, "I hate patriotism, I can’t stand it man, it makes me fucking sick! It’s a round world the last time I checked, okay? Y’know what I mean? In fact, that’s how we can stop patriotism, I think. Instead of putting stars and stripes on our flags we should put pictures of our parents fucking! Gather people around that flag and see your dad hunched over your mom’s big 4x4 butt, see if any boot ‘n rally mentality can circle around that little fuckin’ image."

-----shreddit----- t1_iy8051t wrote

If someone stepped on my countries flag, i'd just ignore then or point at them a d laugh.
I wouldn't turn to violence. But you know some people are easily triggered I guess.

EBZ1722 t1_iy80mk7 wrote

Yeah I mean canelo is also the greatest boxer on the planet so violence is kind of part and parcel to who he is.