Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tickleMyBigPoop t1_ixo205k wrote

>revenue

Revenue doesn’t matter only profit matters in this case net income generated by e-commerce adjusted for inflation compared to previous years. Also if those people aren’t needed why would any company be stupid enough to keep them, it’s like you want American businesses to fail so that way foreign competitors can succeed.

Efficiency makes us all better off in the long term.

> a kind employer might say we only need you through Covid when they’re hiring you

If any company had that kind of crystal ball they’d be better off playing futures markets instead of e-commerce

heliumeyes t1_ixo2t4v wrote

Your points are very valid but people aren’t going to think logically. They’ll just accuse people like us of being heartless capitalists.

davon1076 t1_ixoaca1 wrote

Because it is heartless and capitalist.

Throwing 10,000 people out of a job for 'efficiency' while the higher-ups laugh their way to the bank isn't a good fucking look.

It's not a fair point to say "oh but foreign corps tho!" because guess what, they're heartless and capitalist too.

Valid points my ass. You sit here excusing labor purges like it's fucking nothing while you aren't on the receiving end of one.

−4

heliumeyes t1_ixoj2y0 wrote

Oh I have been on the end of lay offs. Twice actually. So I know pretty well how it feels. And it sucks.

RaycharlesN t1_ixo2ll5 wrote

They did manage to award an extra 1.4B in stock based compensation to executives this quarter so we should feel good about that

tickleMyBigPoop t1_ixoub4g wrote

Stock compensation is paid for via share dilution usually, aka the shareholders pay it.

RaycharlesN t1_ixp3ql4 wrote

Shareholders pay for everything, they own the company