Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

adarkuccio t1_j1rltg2 wrote

I REALLY doubt they'd target military sites, are you following what's happening in Ukraine?

BrandyNewFashioned t1_j1rmhgh wrote

If anything, they probably still have the same target maps they had in the 1960s. I wouldn't be surprised if they still have a warhead aimed at the closed army ammo plant to the north of where I live, despite everything having been demolished 20 years ago.

Then any nukes that don't fail midflight will probably miss and hit innocent towns, or fuckall wilderness.

krell_154 t1_j1sru27 wrote

They'd miss, but would probably hit Yellowstone in the process, thus destroying USA

Quackagate t1_j1s5z4c wrote

Either behind the bastards or lions led by donks podcasts brought up one time that if you change your targeting priority from military targets to civilians you only get like a 5%-increase in deaths in a full-scale nuclear war. This is because so many military bases are near large metro area

pete_68 t1_j1rmgln wrote

They would target military installations and manufacturers of weapons and infrastructure. Those would be the primary targets. They're not trying to invade the United States. Decimating our cities doesn't get them anything.

−6