Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Feynnehrun t1_j1r4jb8 wrote

This conflict has been brewing for some time. It's not new.

1Sluggo t1_j1r4swd wrote

I know that, North Korea seems to be escalating it.

−1

Feynnehrun t1_j1rczh3 wrote

Everyone is testing the waters right now. Many countries are under resource strain, public perception strain, and the world is focused on the situation with Russia and Ukraine. This is an opportunity for other bad actors to see what the response is to their behavior while the focus is turned elsewhere. Resource constraints specifically are likely to force countries to make resource grabs, or take this opportunity to shift their geopolitical influence.

420binchicken t1_j1s27jy wrote

Cool cool…. Doesn’t sound like ominous global conditions at all…

Feynnehrun t1_j1soupd wrote

It certainly is. Look at Iran, Ukraine, nk and sk, Taiwan/china, Pakistan, Brazil. I

1Sluggo t1_j1rdz6y wrote

You are, unfortunately, correct.

ShittyStockPicker t1_j1r9kxn wrote

I’m guessing this is part of a larger Chinese strategy to stress the American led geopolitical security system to the max. A war ir three on every continent and it is uncertain if America and its allied can hold it all together

TheFreestPawn t1_j1reu3t wrote

Too true. They've been screwing with our economy too, but that's on us for wanting China to make everything for us. When they convert most of their factories to wartime things, they'll out produce us by a staggering amount. Seems like with the military tech Russia is using, they're likely just trying to strain our supply too.

We've had years to become friends and prove to them they don't need such defended borders, but we did the opposite.

1Sluggo t1_j1r9v5c wrote

That, unfortunately, makes sense.

Unhappy-Educator t1_j1ra45r wrote

China and Russia will step things up in Iran, Africa as well as North Korea to spread things out as well

ChadorLondo t1_j1scouf wrote

America has a 858 billion military budget set for 2023. I wouldn't be too worried about their absolute military supremacy. Isn't the first time either that America fought wars on multiple fronts.

lolonha t1_j1r6njr wrote

Historically, Korea has only been trying to build defenses against a possible attack. They wouldn't do anything with the US backing the south

−5