Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

freightgod1 t1_j5pl43g wrote

Pirate Bay has links. I'm seeding.

MrPhraust t1_j5phi7i wrote

I’ll be releasing the documentary to a server that will be forwarding this documentary nonstop around the world to organizations for a period of 2 years.

Good luck.

zebrahdh t1_j5qem5y wrote

Is that a service that’s offered or do you do the coding yourself? So many wannabe activists just talking and doing nothing, it’s good to see you actually doing something.

jphamlore t1_j5pe5jc wrote

The BBC is fairly protective of all of their IP regardless of what it is? I'm not sure the Internet Archive can store for a long time BBC documentaries about anything even if they are made by Sir David Attenborough about nature.

ttkciar t1_j5pibl4 wrote

Yes and no.

The Archive is very responsive to content owners requesting that their property is removed from the site (either by sending a request to The Archive or by modifying their own robots.txt; the Wayback Machine checks the live robots.txt before serving up old content and uses it as a filter).

On the other hand, there's no law forbidding companies or individuals from keeping a local-only copy of others' IP for non-public use, so IA doesn't actually delete content. They "darken" it instead, which means it's still in the data cluster back-end but inaccessible from the outside.

autotldr t1_j5pfsku wrote

This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 44%. (I'm a bot)

> The Internet Archive has taken down a widely circulated upload of the first episode of the BBC's The Modi Question, the documentary that questions Prime Minister Narendra Modi's leadership during the 2002 Gujarat Muslim genocide.

> The Internet Archive has emerged as one of the primary sources where the documentary has been shared for viewing by Indian users after multiple YouTube videos and more than a hundred tweets with links to the YouTube videos were ordered to be taken down by the Union government.

> The two-part BBC documentary cited a previously classified British foreign ministry report saying that Modi met senior police officers and "Ordered them not to intervene" in the attacks on Muslims that followed.

Extended Summary | FAQ | Feedback | Top keywords: documentary^#1 Archive^#2 Internet^#3 upload^#4 Modi^#5

[deleted] t1_j5qu11k wrote

[deleted]

GlasNomad t1_j5q7bbj wrote

vpn + bbc's own website if you're overseas

Erisagi t1_j5sy2x4 wrote

Is it only available through normal and easily accessible websites if you're in the UK? I understand that India asked websites to take it down but does that affect access in other countries like the United States too?

GlasNomad t1_j5u0e29 wrote

taxpayer funded, doubt they'll take it down. it's as easy as picking a random postcode and basically has an honor system asking if you have a tv license (which of course we all do right?)

papaHans t1_j5qbvm3 wrote

Next Modi will be calling the BBC over and over again if they want to renew their car warranty.

nopower81 t1_j5ql1zt wrote

A person took that down, who? Why? Be mad at the correct cause

lDanceLikeThis t1_j5titim wrote

will this take down help qualify the popularity of this Modi Doc as a victim of the Streissand effect?^(wiki)

MrJenzie t1_j5qcsqs wrote

no

it shouldn't

−1

[deleted] t1_j5roid9 wrote

[removed]

−19

bssgopi t1_j5sbcba wrote

Well the people are thinking individuals and can make the decision what to follow and believe. Stop banning anything.

bssgopi t1_j5sbdj6 wrote

Well the people are thinking individuals and can make the decision what to follow and believe. Stop banning anything.

feline_on_the_prowl t1_j5so57a wrote

I don't disagree with you. The documentary should not have been blocked in India but then again the UK and US got away with doing the same thing with Russian media. The hypocrisy is enraging.