Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JulianMarcello OP t1_itxzknu wrote

Have you had yours re-soled? If so, couldn’t you specify a more traction sole to your cobbler?

[deleted] t1_ityxr7s wrote

[deleted]

ComplimentsIdiots t1_itzavs1 wrote

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I’ve resoled a couple pairs of Thursdays. Cost about $45, and cobbler mentioned they’ve started to see quite a few of them, and they’re easy to work on.

[deleted] t1_itzds31 wrote

[deleted]

CartographerFew8764 t1_itzuvhf wrote

Ive had my viberg work boots resoled at a local cobbler and it was 135$, and yes thay also did a terrible job. I ended up having to screw the soles back to the mid sole leather middle of my shift since they were falling off. Closest cobbler to me who comes with a good rep is now 7 hours away

[deleted] t1_iu0351l wrote

[deleted]

CartographerFew8764 t1_iu24sav wrote

Im up in Canada and have been told to go with DeVito's shoe repair from now on. If anyone has anyother reccomendations in BC that would be great

ComplimentsIdiots t1_itzzptg wrote

Nice try. Feet pics aren’t free.

In all seriousness though, it sounds like you might want to try shopping around. $150+ resole an inexpensive boot sounds a little nuts.

Quail-a-lot t1_iu04fl7 wrote

Depends where you live. I have gotten some pretty wildly varying quotes for resoles. And they don't always line up with quality of workmanship either! I usually know when I have found a good cobbler when they scold me every time I bring my shoes in xD

CartographerFew8764 t1_ity0qgx wrote

You definitely could have abetter sole put on, im afraid mine will split behind the toe box before they would even need to be re-soled. I take care of my boots, swap my laces to leather to try and slow eyelet wear, brush any bits off dirt off when i get home, oil or condition when needed. Its just the way it is it seems. So far theyre the longest lasting casual boots i own, Ive got a pair of Nick's on order though. Best of luck with yours, and take care of that foot crease. I hope they do better than my own.