Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

hallucinating_3 t1_iyo3amq wrote

Do you really need a truck? This big cars are so annoying to park and drive though the city with them. If you don't go though the mountain or stuff like that you could totally go with a smaller car. It would be cheaper to buy and you will need less gasoline/gasoil/etc

−4

Endor-Fins t1_iyoosi7 wrote

Not sure why you were downvoted. It’s true - not everyone needs a truck. It’s smart to ask if it’s something you need or just want - first.

burningbun t1_iyur0o7 wrote

americans move around more often than europeans so a truck is very useful. also lots of diyer due to staying in houses so a truck helps carry bulky stuffs from home depot.

i doubt diy is popular in europe, they rather have tea than diy. i mean i have been to cities where you have to buy your sandwich early because bakeries are closed during lunch hours.

hallucinating_3 t1_iyosor8 wrote

Exactly. The truck I think is a very American thing, here in Europe the most common cars are the small ones and there's very few people with trucks. So that's why I asked, normally you wouldn't need a truck to do your everyday life.

−2

Yakapo88 t1_iyppbjv wrote

All Europeans should drive trucks.

hallucinating_3 t1_iyq9uuc wrote

Do you have any reason? I saw the pictures of Americans driving trucks just to go to the supermarket. You can't deny that's funny as hell and you could totally go with a normal size car.

−1

Yakapo88 t1_iyqx1rq wrote

We drive trucks here, so you should drive trucks there.

You should all eat rice and beans too. You don’t need anything else.

hallucinating_3 t1_iyqzr8e wrote

Dude I just pointed a new point of view to make you realise that you won't probably need a truck. That millions of people of different countries live driving small cars or even using public transport. So why do you need to be different of that many amount of people? Just cause you're American and you feel superior to the rest of the world?

−1

Yakapo88 t1_iyr0sc8 wrote

I have never owned a truck in my life. I’m an immigrant.

Why do you like to tell people what they should like? Believe it or not, you make decisions every day based on what you like. It doesn’t matter what sort of lunch your coworkers like, you should enjoy the food you like.

Why do Europeans try to tell everyone else what they should buy with their money?

hallucinating_3 t1_iyr6h51 wrote

I just point a different point of view. If it was for me and my decision and opinions I would said to them to use public transport but I get it that some people live in places where there's no public transport and they have no other choice that owning a car.

Besides that, I don't think is too crazy to let people think if they need a big or a small car. I just pointed out that a lot of countries most of the people live with small cars cause these big cars are made for people who go to the mountains and difficult places where a small car is impossible to get it. But most of the people just use their car in their day to day live: going to work, to make the groceries, etc. So to move better though these places and park easily on them you would prefer a small car. Even in these places, some parkings have small places for small cars and there's a very few places for big cars. Also this cars are more expensive and need more gasoline so you will spend more in them. So I don't see any point in favour to buy one of these.

I said that about Americans cause I heard they're the only ones that a lot of people own trucks (compared to other countries). So I found it funny how millions of people live with small cars perfectly and they feel the need to own a bigger car that they need. And maybe make people reflect about this situation cause sometimes you just need a different point of view to realise that. Your society is so focus on that opinion that you need to see outside of your country opinions to contrast it and then realise which opinion do you think is better. For example, other unpopular opinion in usa but big outside is having gun control policy.

Yakapo88 t1_iyr7xja wrote

I’m glad I don’t live in a communist nation where they tell you what to buy.

hallucinating_3 t1_iyr8kx8 wrote

Literally that's the definition of capitalism and the capitalist country by excellence is USA. Also communism doesn't exist in today's society. But okey, go on telling people they're communist only cause they think different than you

Yakapo88 t1_iyrbx40 wrote

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

If that means people buy trucks, then so be it.

Netherlands has announced they will SEIZE 3000 farms in order to meet the 2030 climate goals.

Farmers will be FORCED to sell the land that they have owned for generations to the state.

This is Climate Communism.

hallucinating_3 t1_iyrcpw6 wrote

You have all the freedom in the world to do what you want but you have to think what you need. Maybe you want a Ferrari but why would you buy one if you can't go at full speed cause there's speed ​​limits? That takes away all the fun of owning that kind of car and makes no sense to own it. You must think twice all this thinks before you make a decision so it's the best decision you can make

Faeglantina t1_iz38rhm wrote

Clean air and a climate compatible with human life are public resources. This is an acceptable role of government to protect.

burningbun t1_iyuqukv wrote

because trucks are big. in europ roads are generally narrow and parking spots are tight even for a hatchback you ned to go bumper to side park esp in paris.

in usa roads area wide, malls generally have huge open space parking lots. many of them live in houses where parking space is easily available.

this is why hothatches are popular in europe and maybe japan but not elsewhere.