Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

t-rex-index t1_j63uj3v wrote

I know they are not steel but the nalgene bottles are ultra durable and extremely easy to clean due to the wide mouth and see through plastic.

You can also buy inserts to make the opening smaller for easier drinking that can be quickly removed for cleaning

And it's practically indestructible, at least mine has been so far

death-jazz t1_j640fgj wrote

Yep. I have a Nalgene OTF that is pretty much the only thing I drink water out of. Love the design of the lid too. Easy to carry (just hook it over your pinky if you have your hands full), easy to clean, right size for cup holders or a bike bottle cage and I can trust it 100% to not leak, which is important for someone who puts it in a backpack a lot

t-rex-index t1_j640vbe wrote

Absolutely! I was always fixated on stainless steel bottles (bc plastic bad yada yada) but if you are a bit clumsy like me and drop them once in a while they don't last very long before they become unusable

I've had my nalgene for some years now, abused the hell out of it in various outdoor sports (drops on pointy rocks included) and this thing is just built like a tank haha

hagcel t1_j64f932 wrote

You can hammer clean canteens back to flat on the bottom. Just set the mouth on a piece of wood. (I have a kid who isn't as good at flipping them as he thinks)

schrecentree t1_j63xsyy wrote

Nalgene makes a stainless model as well. They tend to sweat so a neoprene sleeve is preferred. Add a human gear capCAP for easy drinking.