Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

conditioned_operant t1_j18snvm wrote

You can be a piece of shit regardless of your mode of transit. Nobody should be defending this guy, and also there’s nothing about how normal people bike that has anything to do with this asshole.

VespaRocket299 t1_j1bkfzr wrote

Imagine if they charged drivers for murdering cyclists with their cars though

That’d be nice

You know. If the Facebook whining bitchpigs are going to get off their ass about a cyclist and all

−6

pelican_chorus t1_j1bu5ou wrote

They do, and it's not relevant. Don't turn this into cars v bikes.

IntelligentCicada363 t1_j190isn wrote

Love that you can look at cambridge PD reports and see that pedestrians are sent to the hospital almost on a daily basis after getting hit by cars, yet this is somehow some major scandal. typical.

maxwellb t1_j196wtp wrote

It's in the news because it's unusual, and it's a deliberate assault. Nothing surprising or nefarious about that.

VespaRocket299 t1_j1bm4n0 wrote

It’s probably also because Cambridge cops hate the people they’re supposed to serve as noted on Facebook and just by generally being a human being with functioning eyeballs

−2

akanefive t1_j19uqzi wrote

Don't know if it's so much a major scandal as much as it is a crime that's been committed.

moodyDipole t1_j191r1z wrote

Exactly. I'm not condoning the behavior of the bicyclist -- we should all be careful to not hurt anyone else if we're biking or driving -- but cars are a much more significant threat to the safety of cyclists and pedestrians yet cars get away with so much dangerous behavior without cops batting an eye.

HaddockBranzini-II t1_j191aal wrote

Exactly! Pedestrians need to get out of the way when the Sainted Cyclists come. Nothing and noone else matter. Except the Doordash guys dropping off your small coffees.

−16

akanefive t1_j198of0 wrote

Tell me, is the cyclist who hurt you in the room with us right now?

HaddockBranzini-II t1_j19bgzd wrote

Not hurt, just annoyed by smug self-satisfaction in all its forms.

−6

mattc286 t1_j19kwvu wrote

The irony drippeth like honey from the comb

NJS_Stamp t1_j19yfoh wrote

Hello it is I, the sainted cyclist. Clear the path.

vhalros t1_j18r99j wrote

I hope they catch him.

HaddockBranzini-II t1_j191hca wrote

He will be running for city council based on his heroic action I assume.

−26

akanefive t1_j198gpw wrote

You ok man? Seems like something is bothering you.

elizag19 t1_j18hs1f wrote

Though I’m sure being assaulted is rare, getting almost hit in a crosswalk by a bicyclist isn’t…

[deleted] t1_j18md37 wrote

[deleted]

conditioned_operant t1_j18svdd wrote

IMO we should build out bike specific facilities like a dense network of separated bike paths to get these psychos off our streets!

Candid- t1_j197ktp wrote

I’d love to hear your idea to make sure said bike paths never intersect with pedestrian or automotive transit routes. That seems to be where these incidents happen.

Sicamore21 t1_j19undi wrote

What does that have to do with this actual assault? Wether or not this guy has control has nothing to do with purposefully assaulting someone. You’re just airing a personal frequency.

[deleted] t1_j1a1equ wrote

[deleted]

Sicamore21 t1_j1a48y0 wrote

What if the pedestrian is just a bitter angry person? What if they’re both wrong? What if the pedestrian has a vendetta against bikes and yells each time they see them? You don’t know the story. It doesn’t make this assault right, but y’all are sooooo quick to act like you were there at the scene when you have absolutely no idea how things went down.

Chunderbutt t1_j19a433 wrote

Good thing he was on a bike and not in an SUV I suppose

_Hack_The_Planet_ t1_j18r9ls wrote

Posting that picture is perfunctory and serves no purpose other than to say that they posted a picture.

Meverseyou t1_j18xnh5 wrote

Not really. You can already tell a lot about the bike. Looks fixed. Front and back fenders, narrow AF flat handlebars. That bike shouldnt be too hard to spot in the wild.

Beansontoast7 t1_j1bxxq2 wrote

For extra fun, be sure to read the battle of wits going on in the comments of the article.

Sicamore21 t1_j19vrdh wrote

Even though this incident has NOTHING to do with the way someone rides a bike as this is a DELIBERATE assault on someone, I just feel the need to say that half the reason cyclists ride so aggressively is because 90% of the time you’re literally fighting for your life against miserable cagers that recognize automobiles as the ONLY means of transportation. Y’all don’t understand what it’s like out there. If you’re passive you’re at much more of a risk. An angry honking car has admitted to seeing you. If they hit you it’s on purpose. A distracted driver(maybe every single one of you?) isn’t gonna see you all the way over in the bike lane. Grow up. Slow down. Enjoy your $50,000 cars. There is literally no need to be going over 20 mph in Boston or Cambridge.

coldsnap123 t1_j1a4svx wrote

Step out of your echo chamber every now and then. It’s not normal to refer to drivers of automobiles as “cagers”.

Sicamore21 t1_j1a7lzw wrote

It is in my circle though? Your little band of people are not the only humans in the world. I’m assuming you must refer to like really good athletes as “heroes” or something right? That is not normal.

coldsnap123 t1_j1addgd wrote

You and whoever you claim to be in your circle have definitely lost the plot. You bring up athletes for whatever reason highlights that for sure.

Sicamore21 t1_j1af1qe wrote

Cuz that’s what you regular people like idk I was tryna relate. Should I talk about crypto or something?

−1

HaddockBranzini-II t1_j18ctam wrote

Based on my past experience in this sub, people are going to be upset at the pedestrian.

−13

akanefive t1_j18t62d wrote

You may think that the downvotes you're getting confirms your opinion that people on this sub are upset at the pedestrian, but rest assured, you're getting downvoted for an ad hominem statement that generalizes all cyclists.

aclockworkporridge t1_j19idui wrote

"You're going to go through life thinking that people don't like you because you're a nerd. And I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that isn't true. It'll be because you're an asshole."

vhalros t1_j18tdje wrote

Its more like an ad hominem attack on the sub. Thus the downvotes.

SSA78 t1_j18jimv wrote

As a Cambridge resident for 22 years you are right.

Let the down votes start

Edit: only -12 votes? The Cambridge bike mafia can do better than that. Fyi, I'm a bikerin Cambridge myself and an embarrassed at how over 90% of them ride. No regard for the rules of the road unless it suites them. I don't want to hear about how bad cars are when I see bikers run red lights daily. We are talking about how this Ahole biker assaulted someone.

−12

Direct-Pressure-7452 t1_j18uc3h wrote

A bicyclist didnt follow the traffic laws, nothing new

−14

maxwellb t1_j197hcz wrote

This is a road rage incident of a cyclist actively assaulting a pedestrian, which is both a lot worse than not following traffic laws, and notably uncommon.